The children sat down, had a good lunch, but no one remembered what day it was.

It would seem that respect for each other in the family should be necessary. Especially when it comes to motherhood. The mother who did everything to make them comfortable. However, in real life there are exceptions. And sometimes children take the help of parents as a given, even as adults. This is what the heroine of today’s history faced.

Editorial "Site" She shares with you the sad story of a woman who never for a second forgot her own children, but was still forgotten by them.

Respect for one another

As long as she can remember, Lyudmila Ivanovna devoted all her efforts and time to ensuring that her children had a decent future. Two sons and two daughters relied on their mother for everything, because their father was rarely present in their lives. At first, Lyudmila disappeared in several jobs, and after the inevitable divorce. I had to leave for work altogether. abroad. There, in a seemingly paradise, created for recreation, she continued to work day after day, as long as the children did not need anything.

Sitting at the window and watching the cars leaving the house, Lyudmila thought how she felt. My whole life I was worried about the future.. And now, for the first time, she regretted not being her own. In my head flashed memories of an elderly Spaniard, Señor Isabel, who provided Ludmila with a job for fifteen years.

Life in Spain

Peels Señora Isabel was generally a very kind and soulful woman. But sometimes, as it seemed to Lyudmila, she reasoned too prudently.

- How many years have passed, and you continue to send all the money to the children. Keep something.

Don’t worry, I’m not used to difficulties. And for the mother, the main thing is that the children have everything as best as possible. Isn't that right?

- So you're not thinking about your future at all? You are not going to get old in Spain.

- Oh, come on, should you worry about that? I have four kids, after all. Do not the sons support their mother in old age? Well, if they don't even have the opportunity to help, then the daughters certainly won't leave me in trouble.

- Do what you want, but I'm a long time old. I know you will regret this decision again and again. Adult children in years and will not remember your shows, all this will be in the past for them. Who knows if they will be able to help you constantly “from their own wallet”, and whether they will – also a question.

The old lady’s words seemed absurd. After all, all the years spent in Spain, Lyudmila recalled how else The little children had no heart in her.I was looking forward to seeing her from work, how tight they hugged her when they met. How she wanted to get back to them soon! But I had to make some money first. Yet she is their only support. And then you can go back, and then all the children can gather at her house. A large family will be inseparable again.

After years of returning from earnings, Lyudmila was preparing for this. warmthBecause her birthday was approaching. The hostess thought out a festive table, as well as what to give the children then on the road. But to the surprise of the birthday girl, the children greeted her rather coldly. After getting out of the car bought with mom’s money, the eldest son in between asked about the reason they were gathered today. Lyudmila could only answer that she wanted to bring everyone together at the festive table.

Already in the house, the mother showed the children old things that she kept all this time. reminded her of her own children.. But sons and daughters seemed to be hovering in the clouds and not listening much to their mother’s words. The youngest daughter said that there is no need to keep such old stuff in the house - only the space clutters.

At the table, the sons asked, did my mother decide? What's gonna happen to the house?And that's why I called everyone. Upon learning that the mother did not intend to sell the house, the children were surprised.

- Do you want to go back? asked the youngest daughter.
- Where am I at my age? I'm here for good now. For you kids.
- Mom, what are you making up? Here's Anna Vasilievna five years older than you, and nothing helps. And not only children, but also grandchildren, the elder added.

There was no respect for each other in the family. The rest of the dinner, conceived as festive, passed in absolute silence. The children finished everything clean, put food in spacious trunks and went home. And Lyudmila Ivanovna continued to sit by the window. “In this hot country, I even saved on water. I gave you every penny. What did you get in return? she thought to herself. I remember the words of Señora Isabel: “You will regret it, but you will not be able to do anything.”

Tags

See also

New and interesting