My wife made me forgive a mother I hadn’t spoken to in 30 years.

Ability to forgive people - It's not easy. And to learn this, sometimes you need to live a lifetime. Peter realized his mistake, even though it was only 30 years later. But it's better late than never. A touching story of a man and his old mother later in the article.

I have always had a good relationship with my mother. Exactly until she said she was going to rewrite her house for my sister. I was 28 years old and had been married for 4 years. Lived, of course, separately. But what does that change?

I can't say I needed a parental home. But I thought it would be fair for Tonya and I to just split the house in half after my mom passed away. But Mom decided otherwise. She told me to go free-swimming, now I'm the head of my family. Mom wants to grow old in her home next to her beloved daughter. Like, Tonya is closer to her than her daughter-in-law.

It really hurt me. I decided I didn’t want to talk to my mom anymore. It's been 30 years since then. My only daughter managed to grow up, graduate from university and start a family. I gave her everything I could.

My wife and I lived with her parents for a long time. Wonderful people! I don’t remember ever having a fight with them. I was as sad as my beloved wife. Now my Marina and I live alone. And it's kind of sad, sad.

Christmas was approaching, and my wife and I were supposed to celebrate it ourselves that year. My daughter and her grandchildren were abroad. One day my wife said we needed to talk seriously. I was really scared, to be honest. Our age is such that we need to prepare for such things in advance.

My beloved took my hand and said: “Peter, stop your mother being angry.” She didn't deserve it. The ability to forgive people is something we should all strive for. Let's go to the village and see how she is.”

I was upset. There hasn’t been a day that I haven’t thought about my mother. But pride always prevailed. I haven't been mad at her for a long time. But there was something in my way, there was no determination. That’s why my wife’s proposal was a big push for me. I'm very grateful to her for that.

We went to my hometown the next day. I knocked on the house, but a woman unknown to me opened the door. "Where is Maria Ivanovna?" I asked confusedly. I guess I could tell I was really scared.

A stranger invited us into the house and told us what had happened. When my sister became the full owner of the house, she almost immediately sold it, and she went abroad. Mother was forced to huddle next door in a small annex, where 30 years ago it was impossible to be. And now even more!

The woman who bought the house took care of my mother the whole time. She, in turn, gave her entire pension. They bought food and other things. I couldn't believe my ears. Why would my sister do that? And why didn't anyone tell me anything?

When my wife and I went to the place where my mother lived (to call it home, my tongue does not turn), I was speechless. It was terrible. She burst into tears when she saw me. I was on my knees apologizing to her for my fatal mistake. But she said, "Forgiveness is the most important thing you've learned." I love you, son.

We took mom to live with us. We celebrated Christmas together.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? We all have the right to a second chance. Peter used it wisely, and we can only congratulate him on it. The man's mother probably regrets what she did. After all, her ungrateful daughter did not appreciate such a gesture of goodwill and just took advantage of the position. However, this is a story with a happy ending. A real Christmas miracle!

Tags

See also

New and interesting