Alexandrian dough for cakes and what is its beauty

In my family there is a tradition: on the eve of a bright holiday, the oven paschal. The recipe came from my great-grandmother, and it’s perfect. The pastry is lush, sweet and incredibly delicious!

Alexandria dough for cakes Ingredients
  • 1 litre of ghee milk
  • 1 kg of sugar
  • 500g butter
  • 10 eggs
  • 3 yolks
  • 150g fresh yeast
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 200g steamed raisins
  • 100g candied
  • 15g vanilla sugar
  • 2 tbsp cognac
  • 2.5 kg flour

Preparation
  1. Make a blank from the evening. To do this, mix yolks, eggs, sugar and pour heated milk. Then add the pressed yeast and melted oil. Stir all the ingredients and leave for 8-12 hours at room temperature.

2. Cognac heat slightly and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Pour the strained cognac into the egg mixture along with vanilla sugar and salt. Ask for flour and add it to the other ingredients.

3. Soak the raisins in cognac and dry. Put the raisins and candies in the dough.

4. Mix the dough until a soft, viscous consistency for 15 minutes. For convenience, you can dip your hands in sunflower oil.

5. Put the dough under the film and wait until it increases by 2.5 times.

6. Place the dough in molds a third of their height and let it rise.
  7. Warm the oven to 200 degrees. Put dough forms in it and bake for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and leave the dough for another 25 minutes. Check the cook's readiness with a toothpick.

8. Remove the cook from the oven and leave it for 10 minutes. Put the cake on your side on a thick towel. It should be periodically turned from side to side so that it does not settle.

9. Get some icing on the top of the cakes.

Children love this dish, I want to eat not only the top with cream, but the whole cake! And for those who are worried about the amount of sugar in baking: do not worry, the cake turns out not oversweetened, but very tasty. But if you want, you can put less sugar.

From this recipe, many portions are obtained, so no one will be left without a delicious treat! Boldly start cooking, and a bright, festive mood will settle with you for a long time. I'm sure that's the only way you're gonna bake a cake now!

Share with family and friends this wonderful culinary find. Bon appetit!

Tags

See also

New and interesting