Why you should not throw out the tree after the New Year holidays

New Year’s fuss every day goes further into the past. And the only thing that reminds of recent holidays is a decorated tree. However, in a couple of days, the owners will have to deal with it.

And today's edition. "Site" He'll tell you what. fir-needle It can be used in the home. It turns out that the old Christmas tree after the holidays is not necessary, because this forest beauty can still be useful.

Congratulating me on the holiday, my mother-in-law on the 31st in a telephone conversation asked us not to throw the tree away, but to bring it to her. The request seemed strange to me, but I gave it to my husband, says Christina.

“When we visited, we found that my mother-in-law had a whole tree warehouse in his apartment. She took a couple of trees from the neighbors, and even brought them directly from the nearest garbage dump. And all for the green needles, which she carefully collected and put in bags. Excellent fertilizer for a real garden, which mom grows right on the windowsill.

It turned out that every 3-4 years the mother-in-law collects spruce-needlesTo have something to fertilize indoor plants. It is enough to collect needles, dry them, and then lay on the bottom of the pot. This natural mass is an excellent food for many domestic plants. It remains only to get rid of bare branches, Kristina concluded.

Needles really can be used to care for plants, because it is a real storehouse of organic substances. Another thing is that this fertilizer is more suitable for plants that prefer acidic soil. Therefore, you should first know in what conditions your green pets will feel better.

Use needles in the garden, for example, as mulch. Even on the hottest day in a spruce or pine forest under a layer of fallen needles will be damp soil. Not surprisingly, this property of green needles experienced gardeners also learned to use. And to get rid of excess acid, wood ash is usually added to coniferous needles.

Instead of fertilizing the needles will also come off. The only problem is that the needles are bent for a long time - about 3-5 years, and therefore they are often sent to a compost pit with plant residues. Such humus pests will bypass, and you will only have to enjoy a good harvest.

Coniferous beauty can bring many more benefits. It is not surprising that in cities, local authorities are actively urging not to throw New Year’s trees into landfills, but to hand over to reception points, where Christmas trees will be processed and used in spring, for example, to protect the soil from drying up and overheating.

Tags

See also

New and interesting