Learning that he did not have long to live, the rich man decided to give things to a homeless shelter, he was stunned by what he saw there.

We often live without thinking about the consequences of our actions. Time flies quickly, behind once dear people. It is only when we learn that life may soon end that we remember everything. This is what happened to the hero of our story, who received a disappointing final diagnosis and decided to do a good deed.

Editorial "Site" She shares a story with you that teaches you to be kinder to people, not to make hasty decisions, and talk to loved ones more.

The final diagnosis Eugene was sitting in his luxurious apartment and staring dullly at one point. The doctor just called and said the treatment wasn't working. The tests got worse. He probably has no more than three months to live. He offered another treatment, the last one possible. However, this is a long and painful process, and there is little chance of success. Yevgeny was sitting there thinking he didn't want to go through all this. Especially since there are almost no chances.

He lived a good life. He built his own business, bought a beautiful car, traveled a lot. The only thing I regretted was that I never started a family. But now you have to be sorry about it. It is better to sell everything and leave for the last trip. Tomorrow he will be looking for a buyer for the business. He'll take all his things to the shelter.

A couple of years ago, he sponsored a crisis shelter where everyone who needed help came. There, psychologists, lawyers and just kind people helped them to return to normal life. There were always a lot of people there. They'll need things. Eugene immediately began to collect things to distract from sad thoughts.

The next day he went to the shelter with his belongings and purchased groceries. He was welcomed there by the director. They went to the office to talk. In the middle of their conversation, they knocked on the door. In came Vitaly, who worked in the shelter as a lawyer. He said, "Sorry to interrupt, but it's urgent." This woman, Zoe, is more serious than we thought.

The director apologized and invited Vitaly to come in. He went on to say: “The fact is that her husband burned all the documents when she wanted to leave. All property is on him. He's threatening to take the baby if she doesn't come back. He may have witnesses already. She works for the police and is clearly abusing her power. She has no chance of winning a custody case, she is considered homeless.”

At that moment, Eugene thought he could help this woman. He has an apartment that he won’t need any time soon. He said, "Is the woman really good?" Vitaly assured me that he did. Simple and kind woman who got into a difficult life situation. Then Evgeny asked to invite her to personally talk to her and help.

A woman entered the office. Very beautiful, but very thin and with red tears eyes. Evgeni immediately took his breath away. It was Zoya, whom he dated 10 years ago. He loved her and even wanted to get married. Everyone around him told him that he only needed money. He did not believe it, but one day she asked him for a large sum of money.

Then he somehow decided that everyone was right. She just wanted to trick him and make money. He disappeared and stopped answering her calls. For a long time he suffered from feelings for her, but decided that she was not worth it. And now she is standing in front of him again.

Stories from the past Zoya saw Eugene, her eyes wide open: “Jenna?” How did you get here? Yevgeny asked to leave them alone. And he said, "Well, that's pretty clear to me." I'm a sponsor of this foundation. What happened to you? And she told her story. She told me about how her mother got sick, but she could not find her money for surgery.

Mom's gone. She was pregnant and didn’t know what to do next. I decided to take my own life, but this policeman showed up. He saved her and she agreed to marry him. The child needed a father. After a couple of years, life turned into hell. At first, the husband forced the woman to leave work, then forbade her to communicate with friends.

Then he stopped letting her out of the house, hitting her when he came angry from work. When he first hit the boy, she decided it was time to leave. But I couldn't take the baby. And now I'm here. No money, no housing, no hope.

Yevgeny looked at her and realized how cruel he had done to this woman. She wanted to ask for money for treatment for her mother. If he had listened to her, if he had helped... She spoke, tearing him out of her own thoughts: "Did you want to talk to me about something?" And he said he wanted to help. He's got the money and the connections, and he can figure something out.

Zoe said frankly that she didn't want help from him. Then she added, “But do I have a choice?” Besides, it is necessary not only for me, but also for my son Yegor. Which, by the way, is your son, too.” Evgeny was taken aback, and then quickly scrolled her story in his head again and made twice-two. He said, "Why didn't you say anything then?" Then he heard what he already knew: “You are gone.” If I had come back with this news, you would have thought I needed the money.” She was right, he had nothing to say.

The final diagnosis went on at breakneck speed. Yevgeny used all his connections to get Zoe back. He also wanted Zoe’s ex-husband to be prosecuted. While all this was happening, Evgeny realized that his feelings for the woman are still strong. And she admitted that she loved him all these years. Everything was getting better, only one thing clouded happiness - a disappointing final diagnosis.

He told Zoe everything. She persuaded him to try another course of treatment. And, perhaps, thanks to the fact that his beloved and son were waiting for him at home, he managed to recover. A year later, he finally heard that he had overcome the disease. Their lives have improved, even if they never make up for the time that was lost, but how many chances they still have ahead.

From this story, everyone will draw their own conclusion. Someone will say that you need to trust your loved ones, not those who are trying to quarrel you. Someone will say that you should not miss the love of your life. And we will say that time and fate will put everything in its place. What do you think of that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting