I don’t know why everyone praises Pride and Prejudice, but I don’t think it’s about anything.

Advising a person to a suitable book is not as simple as it may seem at first glance. After all, everyone has their own interests, preferences and requirements, everyone wants to get something from reading. Not surprisingly, even popular Some people are completely disappointed.

Today's edition. "Site" They will share a kind of “reviews” of disgruntled readers on respected books. And these people can be understood. After all, when you hear about a literary masterpiece only good, then expectations skyrocket. And the more difficult it is to contain outrage when reading a book is a waste of time.

Popular good books
  1. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
    The main character, Scarlett, I didn’t like it at all. Yes, maybe for her time she seemed strong and courageous, but after all, all the problems were solved for her by men. And how prudently she behaved in any relationship, do not even want to read, writes Anette.

2. Arc de Triomphe by Erich Remarque
    “A kind of book. For lovers of vivid quotes, it will seem a real find. Here you can stop on each page, circle bright phrases with a pencil. But if you want good storytelling and dynamics, that’s not there. The monotonous descriptions of Paris and the endless processing of the thoughts of the main character for half a thousand pages.

3. "Pride and Prejudice" Jane Austen.
    “I have never seen such a boring and even primitive love story in a long time. A rich handsome man falls in love with a gray mouse. As a reader, I do not understand how this happened. Perhaps it was this novel that gave rise to all those love stories that we are fed up with? Then it somehow justifies the work, written more than two hundred years ago, – reflects Ksyusha.

Expectations fell short To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
"Oh, what a longing it is! It took me a lot of effort to finish this book to understand why it is considered a classic of American literature. Though I could finish it. But you can't figure it out. The constant concentration of the author on minor details that do not belong to the plot is tiresome. The first ten chapters can be easily missed. There is nothing but a description of life in the dusty city, they do not contain.

Anna Karenina Leo Tolstoy
The main character seems to be an extremely strange character. I never knew who she loved more: Vronsky or herself. It is surprising to those who regret it or even admire it. This woman betrayed her family. And for what? What was she doing? What good did she do to anyone? Doing nothing does no good to anyone. And Karenin did not bring it down, sums up Sophie.

Needless to say, not every praised book is able to impress the picky reader. If expectations are too high, disappointment is almost inevitable.

What popular books did you not like?

Tags

See also

New and interesting