Why viewers adore the often smiling Ingeborg Dapkunaite

Famous. Lithuanian actress Dapkunaite He did not support the Russian invasion of Ukraine. On February 24, Ingeborg Edmundovna posted an anti-war post in social networks. A few days later she left Russia altogether. Moreover, she said that she regrets that she did not leave in 2014, when Crimea was annexed.

Today's edition. "Site" He offers to discuss the recent statements of Dapkunaite in an interview with Anton Dolin. What does the actress think about the war and what thoughts does she want to share with her fans?

Actress Dapkunaite: It is quite difficult to talk about it. But it's trouble. It is sometimes said that there is a problem or difficulty. This is a disaster that affects everyone. No one got better from the attack of the Russian army on Ukraine, Dapkunaite said.

The actress admits that she is not a politician, but she can reason like an ordinary person. On February 24, the world turned over and she had to leave. And the actress is very sorry that she had to part with a significant part of her life, had to leave the people who did a lot for her, to whom she is very grateful.

Ingeborg also regrets that in 2014 she did not understand what could happen next, when the occupation of Crimea took place.

“I regretted that I was not a prophet, that I did not see how it would end. I did not see clearly what was going on or where it was going.”

I did not express my political views in Russia, I was just a guest and felt like a guest. I did not consider it possible to express my position. But now there is a war, people are dying from different sides, says the actress.

The woman noted that she does not claim any status, does not require increased attention to her words. In life, she just entertains people and gets paid for it. But she would like those people she entertains to know and understand her position on the war.

Dapkunaite disagrees with the popular view that artists should entertain rather than express their political position. Like, if you are not a politician, you should not speak out, you should keep quiet.

The woman believes that the artist can freely share his opinion, like any other person. And then let the audience decide for themselves whether they will buy tickets for the performances of this artist, whether they will go to the plays and films of this actor.

Earlier, Ingeborg Dapkunaite strongly condemned the invasion of Ukraine and called it the main reason for her departure. However, she also tried to understand those who are silent.

Woman admits she can condemnationBut Russia is full of people who do not have the opportunity to leave, who have families and children. They are not free to speak now...

Write in the comments how you feel about Ingeborg Dapkunaite, and how justified you think her position.

Tags

See also

New and interesting