The old woman looked frightened at the men who offered her help, at first she wanted to refuse.

Sometimes it is hard to believe that somewhere else there is a truly kind and responsive person in this world. It's hard to believe, not just me, but other people. Recently, I saw a bright situation that confirms this. It happened. Moscow...

My husband and I went to the subway station and were about to go down the escalator. Suddenly we saw a dry grandmother. You know, it was one of those nice little old ladies who usually makes her heart shrink and her eyes cry. Grandmother stood at the very beginning of the escalator tape and couldn't decide. Step on it.

In one hand, the old woman held a crutch and in the other a market bag. The escalator was moving very fast and the woman was clearly afraid of falling. It was uncomfortable because my hands were busy. We ran up and offered our help. Grandma looked at us and shaking his head. I guess I was scared and I didn't trust her. My husband and I froze confusedly. They wanted to help but didn’t know how.

Suddenly they came from behind. two young men. Pumped up, hefty grooms, but with good eyes. One took the old lady in his arms and stepped on the escalator. The second took her crutch and bag. They put the old lady on her feet at the bottom. She almost cried with happiness. They smacked Grandma on the cheeks, stuck a crutch in one hand, in the second bag and went on.

Anyone who has seen this situation has probably felt a slight sensation. happiness, joy and pride at that moment. It also got a little sad. The grandmother was afraid of help, which means that she had already faced cruelty in life. I'm glad everything went so well today.

From the editor I know the modern world is a bit soulless and insanely pragmatic. All of us. selfishness We rarely pay attention to those who need help. This is partly because many people earn money from the pity of others. Sometimes they play so professionally that you can’t tell the difference between someone who cheats and someone who really needs help. Many of us have been for a long time. hardened. This is not because we are bad people. It's just life.

But I think it’s always better to help. Even if it turns out that two of the five you helped were not in such a bad situation. However, in this case, your conscience will remain clear and you will be able to sleep safely, knowing that you did everything you could today. Isn’t that the most important and pleasant thing in life? Sometimes it's so hard. make sense. Perhaps it is just that it is give more than you get, and expect nothing in return. A kind and compassionate person is happy on his own.

What do you think about helping strangers on the street? Would you help Grandma get to the car?

Tags

See also

New and interesting