The son left the old father alone in a cold house, one morning to a decrepit hut rolled an expensive car

After a stormy, full of work summer always comes autumn. Unfortunately, not everyone has gold. Old age is filled with health problems, money and the loss of loved ones. It remains only to accept, try to be stronger and not rely too much on others. How help outWhich children do not want to see? Everyone answers this question in their own way.

Look, perhaps an elderly neighbor who is hard of hearing, also need something to help? Or is the grandmother who caused the spat on public transport really not a brawler, just lonely? Not everything is so obvious at first glance.

To help the old people, snow fell. The winter made it clear that she was now in full possession of her rights. Not yet a very strong wind raised large snowflakes to the crowns of the trees. The next day, they were almost underfoot. At this time, the village turned into an almost fabulous place. Beautiful. This is usually described in books or shown in movies.

But Stepan Grigorievich did not experience positive emotions. He already knew that in the cold season, the days become quite short, which means you need to have more firewood, provisions and water. And on all these points, the situation was almost deplorable. The firewood remained for a couple of days, although there was food, but on one potato, porridge and beets you can not go far. Thank God the well isn't frozen yet.

Usually the son helped the old man and came to the village with supplies. Not particularly generous gifts, but for a while enough. It was not possible to move to him in the city: three people in a two-room Khrushchev can not move to themselves, even if not quite weak, but an old man. I had to wait for help here.

But even 5 years ago, his daughter-in-law and son often visited him, and even his grandson was brought. He especially liked the village. Summer, warm. You can drive geese, go to the river. It's good when you're little. Now the grandson has grown up, his views on life have changed, and the old grandfather does not cause the former interest. Stepan Grigorievich even knew that annoyed the boy. What is strange, distant generations?

But the son, of course, failed. I took my family on vacation and decided to stay for a couple more weeks. I forgot the old man needed support. I'll probably have to go to the neighbors soon, ask for firewood. At least they're all in gold right now. And then the food line will come. Winter is always difficult.

Left alone with his thoughts, the grandfather did not notice how his gaze stopped at the rustling bushes nearby. There were no dogs or wild animals in his area. Strange and curious. His feet, apparently out of boredom, carried him to the street to check what was the matter.

Approaching the place, he saw a small frightened animal that looked at Stepan Grigorievich with eyes full of fear and confusion. Wow, it's a kitten. You look so fluffy. But from where? All the neighbors around only yard dogs and keep. They bark loudly, and what is guarded is unclear. Do rich people live in the village?

The kitten decided to take home, small, will freeze again. But you can see he has masters. It's obviously a breed, it's fat. There's a strap around your neck. If not from fleas, only they were missing in the house.

There was nothing to feed the animal. He didn't want to eat cereal, especially potatoes. Grandpa had to climb into the cellar and get a single can of stew, hidden for a special day. What day it would be, Grandpa didn’t know. Living with hope is better than living without it. Apparently, the kitten allowed the torment of choice only by its appearance.

Disappointment. The little bugger didn't even eat stew. What do you eat, buddy? See not simple milk, but condensed, not otherwise. On the other hand, you're so well-fed so far, we'll see how you look at porridge tomorrow. Sorry, I can't help you anymore. But the furry animal, it seemed, did not even think about food.

He began to study the situation with interest, trying to climb into the farthest corners of the room. It's a funny sight, the old man even took pity. But a few minutes later, another unfamiliar sound caught his attention. A car pulled up at the gate. Looking out the window, Stepan Grigorievich hoped to see the usual “seven” son. But it wasn't her.

As it turned out later, the owners of the kitten arrived, looking for a prankster throughout the village. And the kitten is already an adult, just a breed. Small and incomprehensibly expensive. Peter, a young man in a beautiful coat, even tried to hand his grandfather some bills, for kindness. But Stepan Grigorievich refused. The store is not working, and the animal did not eat anything, in fact. And the stew shouldn't be lost.

“Listen, Father. Do you live here yourself? You know everyone? The answer was yes. "Tell me, don't you need a job?" What a job it can be. The store was closed, and the old man will not take another cottage for the rich to build. What does he want? "Look, Father. Here's the thing. I have a house built here. Kilometers 2 from here. Light, water, heat. But I need to finish another part, and the workers abandoned me.

I'm afraid the locals are very curious. No offense, they're everywhere. We need someone to stay in the house while my wife and I leave. A month, maybe a month and a half. The house is full of food, there is enough for a team of workers. You and Thomas will be behind your eyes. I won't hurt you either. How do you like the offer?

Having collected some things, Stepan Grigorievich got into the car to a man whom he knew for about an hour. Within minutes, they were already there. Well, choirs. What else is there to build, the castle is practically. It glows like a Christmas tree. Miracles. The food and water in the house was enough. Gas stove, huge kitchen. Beautiful furniture. The cat has finally eaten for its own pleasure. Food from the jar. What do they do when it tastes better than stew?

“In general, Stepan Grigorievich, here is an advance. In a week, my driver will come and see what. If you need anything, tell him or call this number. We have 5 TVs, you can watch in any room. Try not to damage the furniture, it is expensive. If all goes well, can you help us with the garden this summer? Great. I'll introduce you to my daughter, she chose the cat. All right, all right. I'm going. Do not forget to close the doors and constantly check the windows. Good luck!

That’s how, because of some strange cat, Stepan Grigorievich’s life changed. Of course, not everything was so rosy: the son arrived a week later than promised. Modern technology was reluctantly given to the old man, had to call a nervous driver. But over time, it all worked out. Later, as Peter promised, the old man was hired as a gardener and got along well with the daughter of the authorities.

To some extent, he found a new family. No annoyances about him. Without unbearable pauses, when she said something out of tune with modern themes: his own grandson often made it clear to his grandfather how old he was. None of this ever happened. Only quiet old age and rare help around the house. You don't need more than that.

Tags

See also

New and interesting