I decided for a long time that I do not want children, stop telling me that I will change my mind.

Everyone has rights and responsibilities: civil, political, social, economic and environmental. I want to talk about civil rights. A person has the right to life, to freedom of thought, the right to personal integrity and dignity of the person, the right to motherhood, to family, to childhood. At the same time, a person cannot infringe on the rights of others, because all are equal in their rights and duties. If you read the Constitution, it is unlikely that somewhere it will be said that if a woman does not want children, she must be persuaded.

Interestingly, we are all free to think as we want, but in most cases we condemn other people’s dissent. A person can do anything with his body: decorate with tattoos, grow hair, dye his hair, lose weight, exercise in the gym, make love or go to a monastery, jump into the abyss with a parachute, risking his health. And as long as it's not about the well-being of other people, nobody should care. But when it comes to a woman who refuses to give birth, society does not accept it.

Social roles are determined by adults for their children: they dress a baby in pink if it is a girl, or in blue if it is a boy. They give the boy a car for his birthday, and the girl a doll. When an 18-year-old girl says she’s not planning children, she’ll be told she’ll change her mind and that it’s all nonsense. For some reason, the prospect of becoming a mother one day suddenly becomes for a woman not a right, but a direct obligation.

Former classmates, friends, parents, colleagues. If they are married with children, every woman will be interested in your plans for life. Parents, wanting to quickly occupy themselves with something in old age, insist that you give birth. A partner who wants to plant a tree, build a house and raise a son will also put pressure on you. With all the love and trepidation, with all the understanding and support, but push. And that's not all.

The doctor will remind you that your reproductive function is not eternal. You will want children, but when you decide, it will be too late. In some countries, COCs are still banned in the XXI century. A tool that can alleviate the well-being of a woman with health problems and makes it possible not to get pregnant every time a partner thinks in bed. Unfortunately, this event sometimes happens without the consent of the woman.

The reasons for not having children can be an indefinite number, for example: health problems, concerns about overpopulation of the planet and the fact that abandoned children who will never experience maternal love, and so too many. Fear of passing on hereditary ailments to the future child, dissatisfaction with their social status or the inability to provide the child with everything necessary are common reasons why a woman refuses to have children.

Once a friend said that the answer “I do not want” is enough to complete the dialogue, no one is obliged to explain anything to anyone. And if you start explaining, you'll probably get stuck in an endless argument where there won't be any rightists. The truth is that a woman who has an amazing ability to produce a child does not have to want to. And at the same time, everyone considers it his duty to mix a childless adult woman with dirt. A woman can become a virtuoso musician, a successful businessman, a public figure, a revolutionary, an outstanding writer, an athlete. If she doesn’t have children, her life is worthless.

Kristen Reuters spoke at the TED conference in 2016, where she said that a woman does not lose her value as a person if she does not want to have children. The woman shared her life experience and experiences on the theme of what a difficult path she had to overcome, listening to how every acquaintance and stranger sticks his nose into his own business.

“I am told that not wanting children is selfish. I don't want to realize one day that I have a child that I didn't want, that I don't want to care for. As long as I don't want kids, it's only about me. But when I have a baby, it will affect him too, Kristen says.

about:blank

I advise you to watch and think about how we can sometimes ruin a person’s life simply by not agreeing to accept his point of view. Everyone has the right to dispose of his life as he wants, as long as it does not concern the life and health of others.

Tags

See also

New and interesting