After “Game of Squid” I can not stop watching Korean TV series, I offer a selection of the best

The series "Squid Game" made a noise. I think everyone's seen it. But few people know that besides him there are many other good works that deserve attention. They may not make it to the top like the Squid Game, but they are sometimes even deeper and more interesting. If you are interested, we will tell you what new Korean TV series are worth watching.

Editorial "Site" I have collected for you a small selection of series that you can watch at your leisure. The variety of genres is great, everyone will find something for themselves.

We are used to watching American TV series, which are renewed again and again for another season. It seems that all life passes in anticipation of new series. And here we find another plus in watching TV series of Korean production (doram): they often only have one season. Usually it is 12-20 episodes per hour. This is the end of the story, and you no longer have to wait. So let's move on to our collection.

"We're all dead." Year of release: 2022
Genre: horror, thriller, drama, action movie, fantasy
Rating: 8.8
Series: 12.

This drama may well compete with "The Squid Game." Its creators predicted it no less success, but their expectations were not realized. It is difficult to say what the reason is, because the series is made very qualitatively and tells an interesting story. The focus is on a group of schoolchildren who are stuck in school during a zombie apocalypse. They have to fight for survival, but at the same time try not to lose themselves.

It may seem that the entourage is quite banal, but there are many moments that cause genuine emotions. In addition, the creators in passing show a lot of social problems. In general, we highly recommend watching. The plot catches and does not let go until the last minutes.

"Flower of Evil" Year of release: 2020
Genre: detective, melodrama, thriller
Rating: 7.6
Series: 16

The plot tells about Cha Jiwon, a detective who is used to investigating complicated cases. One day she learns that her husband is not who he says he is. And then the woman has to immerse herself in all these secrets. Dramas often have a confusing plot, but this one seems as unpredictable as possible. I think watching will give you an unforgettable experience.

Startup. Year of release: 2020
Genre: business, romance, drama
Rating: 8.2

From the world of fantasy, we are transferred to our realities. The series “Startup” tells us about a young girl Seo Dalmi, who dreams of starting her own business and achieving success. An accidental misunderstanding brings the heroine together with a novice entrepreneur Nam Dosan, who is going through difficult times. A romantic relationship is formed between the heroes. In parallel, they are trying to realize their dreams.

It's an easy and funny series. When watching, you can cry and laugh. Characters inspire with their bold dreams and attempts to move forward against obstacles. In addition, the cast was selected very competently. Especially worth noting is the play of the main character performed by popular actor Nam Juhyuk. I am sure it will capture the heart of every viewer.

"Our favorite summer" Year of release: 2021
Genre: drama, melodrama, comedy
Rating: 8.5

Separately, I would like to note this series, because it turned out to be incredible. This is probably my favorite drama of the last. She talks about the couple’s complicated and complicated relationship. Once they separated, but fate brings them together again. Now they are older and trying to adapt to the new reality, coping with old wounds. I don’t want to reveal the details of the plot, but this story is worth watching.

In addition, it is impossible to admire the acting of Choi Ushik and Kim Dami. They have already played together in the movie “The Witch”, and you may know Ushika from the Oscar-winning film “Parasites”. You believe in their feelings from the first shot. Separately, it is worth mentioning the beautiful soundtrack for the film, which was performed by V from BTS. It adds a special atmosphere to the series.

"Twenty-five, twenty-one" Year of release: 2019
Genre: drama, romance, friendship
Rating: 9.0

The latest series, which came out quite recently, takes us back to 1998 during the financial crisis in South Korea. The main characters of the film are high school student Na Hido, who is engaged in fencing, and a guy named Baek Egin, who is deprived of everything due to the difficult economic situation. Together they try to cope with the difficulties that life throws up.

You might think that this is another melodrama, but the creators of the series elegantly weave into the series not only romantic relationships, but also issues of friendship, family and crisis in the country.

Throughout the series, we are faced not only with the inner experiences of the characters, but also with how they are affected by historical events. If you want to immerse yourself in the life of South Korea at a time when the world was moving into the new millennium, then this series will be perfect. In addition, here in the title role we again see Nam Juhyuk and no less amazing Kim Teri.

The new Korean series are striking in diversity. Over the past two years, Netfli has produced a lot of good pictures worth seeing. This is an opportunity to take a break from the Western series and make some variety. Yes, it is also a good reason to get acquainted with Korean life and learn a lot of interesting things. We hope you have a good time.

What Korean TV shows do you like?

Tags

See also

New and interesting