A friend who for 10 years buys clothes only in second-hand, told how to remove a specific smell

Dressing in second-hand has long been the norm. Even very wealthy people sometimes look into the second in search of rare luxury things. If you have ever bought a used item, you probably know that such clothes smell bad. And it is not always possible to get rid of this fragrance with the first wash. How to remove the smell from clothes, bought in second-hand, I will tell in today's article.

I have been dressing in second hand since childhood and do not see anything shameful in this. When I was a little girl, it was a forced measure to save money from the family budget. I wear used clothes consciously. So I'm giving things a second life, saving the environment from a mountain of factory rags.

Surprisingly, there are people who still consider shopping in the second half something shameful. At the same time, shops with worn clothes are visited not only by middle-class people, but also by fairly wealthy people. It is simple: on the second you can find really unique things, and in very good condition.

The only downside to second-hand clothing is scent. It appears after special disinfection treatment of things. The procedure is carried out before sorting clothes and sending them to warehouses. For disinfection, workers usually use formaldehyde and methyl radical. These substances destroy fungi, insects, bacteria and viruses.

Substances for processing clothes are considered quite caustic and harmful. Therefore, after buying things must be washed. For example, I only need one wash to make the smell go away. However, I know that this does not always help. It all depends on the specific second and the concentration of chemicals during disinfection.

How to remove the smell from clothes: instructions
  1. So, if you bought a couple of things in the second, when you get home, either take care of them right away, or put them away from other clothes. Do not put new things in the common basket for dirty laundry. There is a good chance that other things will start to smell just as unpleasant.
  2. Carefully study the labels on each new thing. Then sort them by temperature. Next, wash all your clothes by choosing the correct washing mode. The powder can be used a little more than usual. In addition, I advise you to include a double rinse.

3. Ideally, clean clothes should be dried in the fresh air. It is necessary that things are aired as best as possible. Next, they need to be stroked from the front and back of the fabric. Done!

If even this washing did not help to remove the smell from the clothes, here are some tips from our editorial office. First, use it. ammonia. It is enough to dilute only 10 ml of substance in 1 liter of water. Then soak the purchased items in solution for a couple of hours. Then squeeze the clothes and dry them in the fresh air. Ammonia will wear off along with the remains of formaldehyde.

Secondly, with an unpleasant smell will help to cope with the usual table vinegar. 1 liter of water will need 20 ml of vinegar. The procedure is the same as with ammonia. After the soaked things dry, they need to be washed in the typewriter. Then dry and iron again. After that, the smell will disappear!

Now you know, How to remove the unpleasant smell from clothes, bought in secondhand. I wrote earlier why it is worth taking the issue of mindless buying things seriously. Perhaps my article on clothing recycling and smart shopping will be of interest to you. Let's make this world a better place together!

Tags

See also

New and interesting