A neighbor in the country grows tulips for sale, shared the subtleties of distilling tulips at home and on a flowerbed

“I like tulips, probably a little more than other flowers. After a long winter, this richness of colors delights! I am sure that the tulip opens the real spring. The planting of tulip bulbs is most often carried out in September-October, since bulbs are perfectly wintered under film. But in the spring (in March-April) it is quite possible! – says my neighbor in the country.

Maria Petrovna grows tulips for sale, and very successfully. “Talk gently with flowers and thank you for feeding the family not the first year!” she shared with me her experience.

Today's edition. "Site" tell finesse spring. They'll bloom like cute!

To begin with, you need to take a reasonable approach to the choice of the tulip bulbs. seed. Give preference to healthy bulbs that have been certified (pre-existence at low temperatures). It is better to opt for a large seed material without the slightest damage.

If we talk about landing in open ground, then such a planting of bulbs should be made before the beginning of April. However, with a high probability of significant frosts, the tulip bulbs are planted in containers in early spring and then carefully transplanted into the flower garden, often together with the container. The main thing is to plant tulips before July 1, otherwise the flowers will not have time to ripen and prepare for the next flowering.

View this post on Instagram

Posted by Mr. Tulip (@gospodin_tulpan)

Before planting bulbs in the ground, they need to strengthen “immunity”. To do this, they need to be laid out in a vegetable box on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator, where the temperature can be about five degrees. After hardening, the bulb must be protected from pest damage.

For this tulip bulb, it is important to place for half an hour in a solution of permanganate. Or you can soak the tulip bulbs for 15 minutes in a solution of silvermedin from the biocomplex (according to the instructions for 10 minutes) to disinfect. Next, dry the planting material.

Publication by ONE YEARS DIY FLOWER (@cvetochnyi_dvorik_blk)

One of the most favorable ways spring-planting This is landing in special containers and pots for distillation. I even use plastic containers for this. At home, bulbs can be planted in a special substrate for bulbs. Diatomite and a little cyon can be added to the soil.

By the way, dishes for planting can be any, the main thing is that the height of the container is at least 10 cm. Fill the container with soil without reaching the top. Then place the bulbs in the ground at a short distance from each other. Carefully press them into the substrate and sprinkle them with earth.

Posted by Ya-Marin, happy to see everyone (@happy_happy_garden_)

Immediately after planting the fields of the bulb, later it will be necessary to moisten the soil, preventing it from drying out. Cover the bulbs with a plastic container to slow the evaporation of moisture. Pots with tulip bulb You need to put in a sunny place - on a window or a glazed balcony. In autumn, planting is similar, but the pots are removed for 3 months in a room where it is dark and cool.

Posted by Cherenkyu, cartoon (@kohau_kviti)

When the temperature outside the window stabilizes, you can plant flowers. open-ground. When landing on open ground, it is important to choose the right place for tulips.

The flowerbed should be well protected from the wind, and it should be provided with enough sunlight and heat. You can also continue to grow tulips at home on the balcony or loggia, if you do not have a summer cottage. My coma plucks flowers from pots every year on the balcony!

Publication from Growing a Balcony Garden (@sad.balkon)

As you can see, planting tulip bulbs in spring is no different from planting in autumn. Tulips are quite unpretentious, so when following the above recommendations, they will develop normally and will surely please you with friendly flowering.

I also suggest to get acquainted with the rules of spring tulip care. For friendly flowering of tulips, abundant and regular watering is necessary!

Posted by Olya (@olyasilantyeva)

Just imagine that in the entire history of cultivation, more than ten thousand were bred. tulip! Much of it is now lost.

Every year, new varieties are created in the world, offering fans new colors and shapes. They were fought for, killed, stolen and even irradiated, bringing new varieties and forms. Everything that has been created to date is painstaking work, the result of the work of thousands of people madly in love with this flower.

You like tulips? You gonna plant them in March?

Tags

See also

New and interesting