The grumpy businessman was going to kick the pensioner out of business class, but when the plane landed, she was hugged by the pilot himself.

Forgiveness is exciting. It comes with experience and gives an incredible sense of lightness. Getting rid of the resentment that could languish in the soul for many years, a person becomes wiser.

This was confirmed by the heroine of our new story Lydia Nikolaevna. She had to endure a lot of grief and even abandon her own child. For many years she tried to reconcile with her adult son. If he was able to forgive his own mother, read further in the article.

The grumpy businessman pointed his finger towards Lydia Nikolaevna and told the flight attendant: “I will not sit next to this woman.” Look at her: can she be in business class? Send her to the economy!

The poor woman did not know what to do. She already spent all her savings on that damn business class ticket. She put on her best outfit, took out her last jewellery from the bins, which the hand did not rise to sell. Before going to the airport, Lidia Nikolaevna squirted the last drop of her favorite perfume. It's like she's been keeping it all these years to use on such an important day.

Lydia Nikolevna is 75 years old and has never flown a plane. She has never been abroad before. Therefore, I felt even more awkward in front of this tall man in a strict suit. She got up and addressed the flight attendant: "I can move to economy class, that's not a problem."

She replied, “You paid for your ticket, so you have every right to be here.” And then in an even voice she told the man screaming at the entire cabin that she would call security if he did not calm down.

A heart-to-hearts conversation The flight attendant's warning reassured the grumpy businessman. Sitting in his seat, he groped under a medallion. "Is this yours?" the man turned to Lydia Nikolaevna. She immediately grabbed her neck and, not finding any jewelry on her neck, replied, “Yes, this is my medallion.” It is high time to change the clasp.”

The businessman is very interested in this jewel, as he works in an antique shop. The man looked at the bright ruby, bordered by an unpretentious rim, and then glanced at the poor old woman, whom a minute ago he wanted to put out of the light: “I want to apologize to you.” I didn't mean to offend you. It's just a bad day, everything is falling out of hand. He burst into flames without thinking.”

Lydia Nikolaevna was a very kind woman. She told her companion that everything was fine, and she was about to immerse herself in reading the book, when suddenly he said again: “Sorry, where did you get this medallion?” I’ve been in jewelry for a long time, but I rarely see such beauty.”

“This is my mother's medallion. My father gave it to her at the dawn of their relationship. I inherited it, Lydia Nikolaevna twisted the decoration in her hands and opened the medallion. The man immediately noticed one black and white and one color photo. The first depicted a woman’s parents and the second depicted a little boy.

“Is this your grandson?” he asked. Lydia Nikolaevna replied, "Oh, no, that's my little son." This is the only picture I have of him. When he was little, I had to give him up. My husband left me before the birth, my parents were no longer alive. I just couldn't handle it. I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't burden you with my story."

"No, no, please, I'm very interested," the businessman replied. The old woman exhaled and continued: My friend worked in an orphanage and helped to arrange his son in a good family. Mark and Elena for many years could not have a child and decided to adopt a baby. When all the documents were ready, they took my child and moved to another city.

For many years, Lydia Nikolaevna did not find a place. She knew she had betrayed her child, but could not do otherwise. When she got back on her feet, she decided to find her son and ask him for forgiveness. When the woman found out where he lived, she began to send him letters, asked for a meeting. But he didn't answer.

Then Lydia Nikolaevna decided to buy a ticket for the plane, which was driven by her son. He became a first-class pilot and flew around the world. On the plane he celebrated his 45th birthday. She wanted to spend at least once with her son.

This story touched the businessman very much. But not only him, everyone around him heard him. The flight attendants even cried. They informed the pilot that his mother was on board, who had made such a difficult journey to meet him.

Time on the plane passed unnoticed. Upon arrival, one of the flight attendants approached Lydia Nikolaevna and asked her to stay. She dutifully stayed in her place. A few minutes later, her son came out to her: "Hi, Mom." I'm sorry I didn't answer your letters.”

Lydia Nikolaevna hugged her son tightly and cried: “You forgive me.” I have no excuse!

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? A woman who voluntarily gave up her baby will blame herself for it all her life. And only one person has the right to forgive her all sins - this is her grown-up child. Lydia Nikolaevna’s son is no stranger to the ability to forgive. And although she did not raise him herself, in his soul he became like her, his own mother.

Tags

See also

New and interesting