I tried to please my husband’s parents in every possible way, gave them expensive gifts, but by chance I learned that they did not want me to visit.

Visiting her husband’s parents, Katerina always felt uncofmortified. They never expressed their dislike directly, but Katya clearly felt that they were not. She's not welcome here.. She tried to share her assumptions with her husband, but Vadim only shrugged off. Don't make things up. However, it turned out that the suspicions of his wife were not groundless.

It all began when Vadik brought home a young Katenka. Beautiful, intelligent, with progressive views. She didn't like the guy's parents at first. It all turned out too fast. It all happened. in the first year of university almost immediately after admission. The parents paid a lot of money to ensure that their only offspring received a good education.

Vadik’s early years were distracted by his relationship with Katya, although she kept telling him to focus on his studies. Parents also understood this and disliked the future daughter-in-law even more. They always saw her as a problem, a barrier between Vadim and his happy future abroad. In fact, they dreamed that immediately after graduation Vadik moved to Germany. There lived their relatives who were supposed to help the young man. Find a prestigious position in a clinic.

But the appearance of Katerina in the life of Vadim his parents did not plan. In the end, everything did not turn out as they would like... Vadim had to marry a cute German woman, staying forever in Germany, and working in an incredibly money-making position in a cool hospital. However, he stayed here and now often changed jobs in an attempt to find a good clinic.

The couple hasn't had children yet. The parents also blamed Katherine for this. And she did not know that she “spoiled” the golden future of their beloved son. And at the next meeting, just in time for the New Year, Vadim’s mother drank too much.

The sad truth came out, “But his life could have been very different!” It's because of you, you idiot. You have no idea what our plans were. Do you know how much money we spent to secure Vadim’s future?

The bitter phrase was thrown straight into Katya's face as Vadim left for the kitchen. Valentina Ivanovna did not know that her son had already returned and was standing just around the corner. He heard every word. Breaking into the room, he saw that his wife was almost crying from despair and resentment. She supported him all her life and was always there. He didn’t move to Germany because of Kathy. He just didn't like it there. I wanted to stay in my home country.

“Mom, how can you say that to my wife? You and your father always thought about money. All you were wondering was if I could support you two when I moved to Germany. You have never been interested in my opinion... Katya is now two months pregnant and we are expecting a baby. I recently found a stable position and signed a 10-year contract. I hope this news makes you feel better. However, we will not come to visit you again. And you won't see your grandson!

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? The relationship between parents and children is not easy. What complicates them most is their lack of empathy, patience, and understanding. You can’t have children to support you in the future. Your child has dreams, desires and ambitions. He is not a tool to achieve your goals, but a separate person.

Tags

See also

New and interesting