The housekeeper was imbued with the lives of rich clients and their secrets, she realized that life without money is much more boring.

What's the life of the rich? Everyone sooner or later was interested in this issue, completely without hiding the desire to join the upper class. To somehow look into the world of mansions and expensive cars, people watch TV series and read books. All I had to do was get a job as a maid. Which is exactly what Julia did.

For almost 2 years Julia worked as a cleaner in the homes of wealthy people. Work in the specialty after university for the girl was not available. So I had to roll up my sleeves, put on rubber gloves and an apron. My mother taught me that all work deserves respect. Thus, Yulia was easier to perceive the fact that the toilets of strangers were now her concern.

Every house was unique. Not only the external situation, but also the secrets that the owners did not hide from the staff. Very quickly, Julia realized that for most housekeepers nothing more than furniture. But this is even better than if during the cleaning, a pedantic hostess watched every movement and commented on the actions. And in practice, there were some.

Despite constant stress and fatigue, the girl did not lose optimism. She tried to see her work as a window into life that she would never be able to achieve. And, like Cinderella, who dreamed of looking through the window of the palace at the dancing nobles, Julia also wished to learn more about another life.

Every home was unique to customers. Habits of their owners, their taste preferences and hobbies. In one house, deer horns hung on the walls. Julia counted there were 23 of them in the house. An elderly hostess once shared that her husband was once an avid hunter. And now he has devoted himself to writing memoirs and books about forest animals. At the same time, their children actively advocated for the protection of animals. I haven’t visited my parents for years.

Peels In another mansion lived a family with three children. They were followed by their mother, grandmother and nanny. The head of the family had been away all day, but few seemed to care. Every time his name was mentioned, the hostess spoke of him in far from the best words. He called and desired all kinds of misfortunes. But when she said goodbye to him or spoke on the phone, Yulia’s voices were never sweeter.

There was another couple who barely talked to each other. Or rather, communicated, but in an unusual way. Every time Yulia brushed the dust off the shelves, she found some notes. Fortunately, she was smart enough not to touch them. It turned out that this was a channel of communication between spouses. To the surprise of Julia herself, the notes contained the most everyday things (from discussing a birthday party to ordering groceries from a supermarket). It was very strange that in the days of smartphones people were so unwilling to connect with each other.

You could also remember one widow who was obsessed with the idea that they wanted to cleanse her. When neighbors or relatives came to visit her, she claimed that she had to be vigilant all the time so that these drones (as she called all her employees) would not leave her without her last nightgown. As the main entertainment, she regularly staged trials. For example, she could put a jewel or a bundle of money in the most prominent place, and then every hour run and check the trap. Fortunately, the trained drones repeatedly won a moral victory over the suspicion of the hostess, leaving her with nothing.

Peels was hardest to work in homes where housewives were obsessed with cleanliness. Fortunately, there weren't many. But still one house Julia remembered for a long time. Without the attention of the hostess, she could do nothing. Even vacuum the carpets. In addition, Julia has repeatedly heard a speech about the fact that if suddenly after her room will smell of smoke, about the work in this house she can forget. Julia had no bad habits, but one harsh look of the hostess gave her to understand quite the opposite. In the end, Julia was fired. When she caught the landlady in an unlocked bathtub with an ashtray on the toilet bowl.

In each of the houses in which Julia worked, there was a personal story. Due to the lack of information, the girl often thought up plots full of intrigues and secrets. This helped her cope with stress and a subconscious sense of humiliation. In addition, she felt part of this inaccessible world, of which she would not mind becoming a part. Still, rich people never worry about the condition of the hands after special stains. And besides, the girl worked with a purpose: to save money for a new life. Preferably in a big city where it can be realized and where it will not need to be cleaned every day.

Life of the rich: What stories from the lives of rich people do you know? How do you feel about this job and do you think it’s a shame? What attracts rich people? More importantly, it scares you away?

Tags

See also

New and interesting