Bill Gates asks citizens to give up beef and eat only synthetic meat

The days of hunting animals to survive are long gone. But people do not stop eating meat products. Creative people are always more humane to animals, they pity them and prefer vegetarianism for the sake of the animal. What can replace meat and is it worth giving up?

“The principles of avoidance of meat, formulated by Pythagoras, if true, teach purity and innocence. If they are false, at least they teach us frugality. And will your loss be great if you are deprived of cruelty? said the Roman philosopher Seneca Lucius Anne.

As we move away from philosophy, scientists around the world are sounding the alarm. Not indifferent celebrities, influential people refuse meat and call on the public to do so. Bill Gates has written a book on climate change called How to Avoid Climate Disaster. The founder of Microsoft urged people to abandon animal products.

What can we do to replace meat with climate? The fact that livestock, especially livestock breeding, leads to the release of methane into the atmosphere. According to FAO, meat consumption in the world has increased by 75%. These numbers are constantly increasing. In addition to the fact that methane in the atmosphere leads to global warming, animal husbandry depletes the Earth’s resources.

To make one cutlet weighing 150 grams, on average, it is necessary to spend 1700 liters of water. Constantly expanding the territory for grazing ruminants and allocate huge areas for sowing soybeans, which are fed to livestock. This leads to deforestation and the displacement of peoples around the world.

In addition to climate change, eating too much meat is bad for human health. A lack of protein in the body is known to be fraught with unpleasant consequences for humans, but it can be replaced with alternative meat or substitutes of plant origin.

“People in rich countries should eat only artificial meat to reduce emissions from livestock production,” Gates said. He insists that the production of beef products should be stopped and replaced with cutlets and sausages for synthetic meat.

Is it tastier? There are companies that are working to create synthetic meat from a test tube. Manufacturers every day improve the technology of making alternative meat and improve the taste of their product. Non-vegetarians who like to eat meat admit that if there was a delicious substitute for meat, they would give up beef.

Bill Gates once tried a chicken taco from Beyond Meat and wrote on his blog, Like most people, I don’t think I’m easily fooled. But it happened when I was asked if I was eating real meat or fake meat. The meat tasted and looked like chicken. What I tried was more than a meat substitute, it was the taste of the food of the future.

Ethical treatment of animals makes more and more people abandon animal products. Can a vegetarian be a healthy person? Practice shows that with regular monitoring of vitamins and trace elements in the body, you can make up for the lack of iron and vitamins from plant foods and not cause harm to animals.

Another global problem in meat consumption is that agriculture is no longer as widespread as it used to be. People are trying to get out of the countryside and the birth rate is increasing. Scientists are asking: “How and how to feed people without harming the planet?”

Arnold Schwarzenegger dispelled the myth that meat is vital for athletes to build a beautiful relief. In the documentary The Game Changers, Arnold Schwarzenegger said that it is not necessary to eat animal protein to demonstrate high achievements in sports.

I sincerely recommend watching The Game Changers, in which professional athletes tell the truth about nutrition and plant protein. Here I would like to quote one of the heroes of the plot, the German bodybuilder Patrick Babumyan: “I am often asked: “How did you manage to become strong like a bull?” – to which I answer: “Did you see a bull that eats meat?”

But it's not that simple. While scientists are trying to find a solution, on the shelves of supermarkets flaunt meat substitutes from soy products, and they are more expensive than meat products. How much will artificial meat from a test tube cost? Perhaps it is the desire of a person to change something. And there will always be solutions, and then we will not just know how to replace meat, but why we do it. Would you eat meat cooked in a lab? After all, meat production is no longer the same as before, who knows what is added to meat and what is fed to livestock on farms.

Photo preview

Tags

See also

New and interesting