I blame myself for the ridiculous mistakes in the summer cottage, irreversibly changed the life in the country

Country business I'll never do it again. Every day there are new concerns that need to be dealt with quickly. And often there is simply no time to think through everything to the smallest detail. In addition, summer experience is acquired only in the process, often at the cost of costly mistakes.

Today's edition. "Site" will share the story of an experienced summer lady who, over the years of owning her own land, managed to fill a lot of cones. But now she knows what mistakes she made. And now she is ready to share her thoughts with less experienced people.

We were one of the first to start running on our corner. Therefore, all our mistakes were not particularly noticeable. We made it happen. But the more beautiful houses and well-groomed areas appeared nearby, the more noticeable all our shortcomings became, Svetlana writes.

“Our site no longer seems as cozy and impeccable as before. The most important (and most expensive) of our mistakes flat-fence. Of course, when we put it up, we needed it. After all, we protected ourselves from hares, foxes, boars and other forest brethren who tried to look at a visit without an invitation.

“But now we are surrounded by habitable areas, which are themselves protections for us. And if everyone had the same fences, our pretty street would be more like some kind of industrial zone. And so beautiful open fences neighbors look very cool. My husband and I want to do something similar.

“Furthermore, a fence, however reliable, will not be a serious defence. Last year, thieves raided the house of a wealthy family from a nearby village. Although the house there is surrounded by a three-meter concrete fence. Therefore, the fence is just a decor, an element of the design of the site, nothing more.”

The second mistake was that we somehow decided not to throw out old tires. And after watching the life hacks on the Internet, they began to make flower beds out of this garbage. I remember how hard I painted them with yellow paint. Now I'm afraid to think about how many nasty things these painted tires emit in the heat. Next year we are going to throw everything away to put wooden structures.

“I am thinking more and more about the fact that rubber, plastic and other obscure materials do not belong in the country. It is better to give preference to natural materials and colors. And here we recall plastic curbs, which we chose because of the relative cheapness and speed of installation.

“Yes, maybe on the pensioner’s site plastic curbs look quite appropriate.” However, in modern areas of young people, such flower beds are simply taboo. These and other plastic fixtures are best left to someone else.”

“The last thing I want to say is about plastic bottles. In the pictures, such crafts look good. In reality, junk remains junk, whatever form you give it. Therefore, dragging such plastic beauty to your site is another big mistake. Then not that in front of the neighbors, but even before yourself will be ashamed, – lamented Svetlana.

Perhaps, Svetlana should not grieve so much, because mistakes in any case are inevitable. And an unsuccessful fence and inappropriate crafts will simply become a valuable experience that will help in the end give the cottage an acceptable appearance.

Do you think that's a mistake? Or, for example, crafts made of plastic bottles or flower beds from old tires suit you quite well?

Tags

See also

New and interesting