Principles of creating a loft style in Khrushchev

In September, I will be moving into a new apartment. It is small, but with high ceilings, wide windows and absolutely no repairs. I inherited the apartment, but it so happened that no one lived in it for a long time and, as a result, almost every corner of this space needs reworking and refinement.

Recently, I often imagine how I will live in my stylish and cozy home, but I understand that to realize my dream I will need a lot of money, which, unfortunately, at the moment, is not available.

The way out of the situation was completely unexpected. Last week, a friend of mine came to see me, who is now working. interioristAnd she told me some tricks that made my dream come true.

Loft design Natalia offered me to create an atmosphere in the apartment loft-style. I used to think that only very rich people could afford this style. But when I learned a little more about him, I realized that I didn't have to think in a formulaic way, so I took it up.

The basis of the loft style is a minimum of details, the furniture is as simple and functional as possible, the colors are mainly cold shades, large windows, almost complete absence of decor. And what in other styles looks like a drawback - various brick ledges, walls without plaster, boardwalk floor, is a highlight of this style.

Loft style is very suitable for people who have a financial issue is acute. After all, the minimum cost and simplicity in everything is the main credo of style.

Editorial "Site" I have prepared 7 tricks for you. How to arrange a regular apartment Loft style. I never would have thought I could do that!

1. Brick wall
    When dealing with repairs, one of the basic rules of remodeling is: hide flaws and emphasize the merits. My future housing is in a brick house and that's a huge plus. So, the best solution is to expose the skeleton of the house and show brickwork on one of the walls. Masonry made of brick is perfect for finishing the kitchen or dining room. You can put one or more walls under the brick. And you can lay out the ceiling with brick or limit yourself to a protective panel, a kitchen apron.

Quite original looks wall with brickwork, surrounded by modern kitchen appliances. The dining area, both in the kitchen and in the dining room, can also be easily and spectacularly highlighted with bricks.

2. Paint for walls
    Don't spend money on expensive wallpaper. For this style, paint for the walls is perfect. Choose colors from the palette of mineral dyes: gray, ink blue, ash pink, green and, of course, white and ivory. These shades are great for the loft. You can also add elements of rough textures. It can be wooden beams, concrete, bare brick, exposed water pipes, boardwalks. In general, everything that you can see in an industrial room, for example, in an old warehouse.

3. Naked light bulbs
    The easiest way to hint at the style of the loft with the help of decor is to add incandescent light bulbs on the cord in the braid (the color of which now varies so much that it is easy to find the right one). To create loft-style It's not just a gyroscope lamp. The Edison lamp will work well here.

4. Choosing furniture
    Loft style goes well with vintage. Since the textures used in decorating look old, the same furniture will fit. Shining novelty modern things with clear lines will look alien. And if you decide to buy new furniture, choose one that reminds of production facilities: galvanized chairs, wooden tables with legs from pipes, light fixtures.

5. Retrowiring
    In my case, this is great, because I don’t have to spend money on replacing the wiring. However, if you want to recreate a real loft in your room, you should work on creating a real retrowire.

6. Pipe shelving
    A person who has chosen a loft style for his house simply cannot but own a collection of books and beautiful art albums, so he needs a shelf. And the best option is if it is made of pipes, and the shelves are made of coarse wood.

7. Loft decor
    Try to keep things to a minimum. Loft is poorly combined with an abundance of cozy home trinkets. It is better to choose a neutral color palette, with no more than one bright accent. After all, rough textures are expressive in themselves.

I also suggest you familiarize yourself with 12 budget ways to make your home a work of art. These ideas just fit perfectly into the space of the loft, Scandinavian interior and rooms in an eclectic style. The main thing is a sense of proportion, do not overdo it with details!

Not necessarily. live in a real loftIt is enough to decorate the interior with style elements. And do not think that you need to go to the end in the implementation of the idea, you can dwell on a couple of carefully selected details.

I wish you a stylish and cozy atmosphere and beautiful alterations, if you are also preparing for repairs. How do you feel about loft style? Share this article with your friends and see what they think about it.

Tags

See also

New and interesting