How to deal with an old windowsill in the kitchen

“Even a small window sill can create a great miracle!” I heard in response to my enthusiastic expression from a friend who was visiting. Irina recently completed the repair and the day before yesterday gathered all family and friends at her housewarming.

The apartment was not new and very small in size. Ira decided to limit herself to the most basic and functional, but what I saw as a result looked like the apartment was overseen by a talented designer. However, it was entirely the merit of a friend.

Never before would I have thought that a simple window sill can become one of the most comfortable and cozy corners in the house for work or rest. It can be used as a desk in the nursery, a bar on the balcony, worktop Or a dining table in the kitchen, a dressing table in the bedroom and this is not a complete list of possible transformations.

Wherever you equip it, it will help to save space, allow you to conveniently use daylight and make the interior more interesting.

Editorial "Site" I’ve prepared 24 ways to transform you. window-place The highlight of the interior. The best interior trick I've ever seen!

1. From the windowsill in the kitchen You can make a nice countertop. This technique will help to save the place, and add an additional working surface. By the way, this is a great solution for placing the sink. Agree that washing dishes will be a little more pleasant when you can be distracted by the view from the window.

2. And the windowsill can act as a full dining table. This idea is especially relevant for small spaces.

3. The main requirement for the windowsill is height. It should be somewhere 83-93 cm. To create a window sill-table, both natural and artificial stone, chipboard or composite material are used.

4. If you have a large window in the kitchen, you can install a bar counter instead of a window sill. This stylish and functional solution is excellent. suitable for small apartmentsEvery inch of space is valuable.

5. And who said that the windowsill can only be rectangular! What do you say about such a shaped window sill?

6. Another interesting solution. 317790

7. A windowsill-bench can become a favorite place for a child if you apply this idea in the nursery. And in order for the windowsill-bench to serve as a convenient place for sitting, it is necessary to accurately determine its material and depth. To do this, you should opt for a material made of natural wood and a depth of at least 30 cm.

8. The window bench is a great solution, as for furnishingFor owners of spacious apartments. This place of rest is sure to be the most favorite in the house for all households and even pets!

9. The kitchen is not the only room in the house where you can enjoy breakfast or soft drinks while admiring the view from the window. Perhaps you will like this option even more - a bar counter on the windowsill balcony, which could be better!

10. 4023 2014

11. A toilet, work or desk window sill will also give you the advantage of using natural light.

12. This is a dream destination for any book lover! During the day there is a lot of sunlight, and in the evening you can lower the curtains and light a wall lamp. If you organize next to the shelves and place your favorite books on them, the reading corner will turn into your own home library.

13. The windowsill table in the nursery is a great solution save spaceEspecially if you don’t have one child.

I also suggest you familiarize yourself with ideas on how to turn the balcony into the best place in the apartment. Transformation does not require significant financial waste, only desire and inspiration.

As you can see, the role window-sill often underestimated! But it can bring you much more benefits than just being a stand for indoor plants or a place to store souvenirs. With a competent design, the window sill is able to radically transform the interior of your house and become one of the most comfortable and cozy corners for work or rest.

Share these great ideas with your friends on social media!

Tags

See also

New and interesting