Secrets of Optimism by Helen Mirren

How wonderful it is that the world is now actively erased agelines And women in their 60s have the opportunity to be a beautiful woman, a valuable worker and a full-fledged person, not a grandmother who only needs to babysit her grandchildren and work in the garden. A striking proof of this is the 72-year-old actress Helen Mirren, who became the face of the cosmetic brand L’Oreal.

Not only does Helen look younger than her years, she is always very cheerful and optimistic, and does not pay attention to existing stereotypes. About how it succeeds British actress, you will tell the editorial office "Site".

For her long acting career, Helen Mirren starred in the most famous directors, played in films of three English queens, received an Oscar, two Golden Globes and a dozen other most prestigious acting awards. By the way, she has Russian roots.

At the age of 70, she became persona of L'Oreal. Yes, not a 20-year-old girl, but a woman who can demonstrate the real effect of certain products. When Helen signed with L’Oréal, she insisted that her photos not be retouched to make her look younger. She considers this a very important moment not just in her life, but in the lives of women in general. Stereotypes are collapsing, and that's beautiful.

“The time has finally come when someone my age, not necessarily me, has to do it. So this proposal was very important to me. All my life, I've been given images of perfect, incredibly young girls who were supposed to inspire me. I should have wanted to look just like them. I'm not even talking about 25-year-olds, but 15-year-olds. Which one of us looks 15 years old? That's not fair!

Helen makes two or three movies a year. But no one has ever seen signs of fatigue on her face. “I have absolutely no beauty mode, it’s all about moderation. I often sunbathe - I know I shouldn't, but I like to bask too much in the sun. I drink wine and sometimes I drink too much.

I love fries and can’t bring myself to go to the gym for more than two months in a row. I'm not a special person. I just know that life is short and too precious.”

When the actress needs to get in shape quickly, she resorts to a system of exercises that were developed by the Royal Air Force of Canada in the distant 50s.

Exercise complex It takes just 12 minutes: warming up (30 seconds), knee lifting (30 seconds), spinning the arms (30 seconds), swinging the press (30 seconds), lifting the trunk and straight legs from the supine position (2 minutes), lifting the legs from the lying position on the side (2 minutes), push-up (2 minutes), lifting the legs from the supine position on the back (1 minute), running and jumping in place (3 minutes).

Unlike many of her colleagues and ordinary women, Helen is not only not afraid of getting old, she really likes the process. Of course, in his youth, everything was different, like all women.

“The best thing about the eighth decade is that it came to you at all. When I was 45, the thought that one day I would be 70, the chills ran down my back. But the choice is simple: either you die young or you get old, there is no other way. Of course, dying young at 25, like James Dean, seems very romantic.

But then you realize that life is a cool thing, exciting, beautiful, full of experiences. You just have to learn to accept age, psychologically and physically.”

It is important to love yourself at any age and allow yourself to enjoy life, and not build around yourself a wall of stereotypes and other people’s opinions. Share an article about the beautiful Helen Mirren with your friends!

Tags

See also

New and interesting