Filigree and how to work with it at home

Last night I was visiting my old friend Olga. Olya has been engaged in various types of needlework for more than 10 years, and this time she showed what struck me to the core.

The technique she started working in is called "jute filigree." It can be used to create beautiful craftsmanshiplampshades, panels, boxes and not only, while they look so unusual and elegant that it is impossible to look away.

The most pleasant thing about this relatively new type of needlework is that jute filigree does not require any special expensive devices and materials, all of them are available to anyone.

The main material is jute cord. Agree, the bobbin is not difficult to buy. And if the idea involves working in color, then it can be painted in a variety of colors with acrylic paints. In addition, tweezers, a thin spoke, transparent glue "Titan", although ordinary PVA, sewers and scissors are also suitable.

If you’re a beginner, you’ll need stencils. They can be made by hand or purchased in any of the shops of goods for needlework.

Editorial "Site" I have prepared for you 14 amazing ideas of work in jute filigree. A table lamp is just a dream!

1. In order to start working in this technique, first you need to decide on the pattern. Let them be the most uncomplicated drawings, but clearly drawn. To do this, you can make a sketch yourself or use a ready-made one. Next, this picture should be placed in a transparent polyethylene file. Throughout the outline of the sketch, you need to carefully apply glue, and lay out a jute cord on top. Many masters apply glue not to the sketch, but directly to jute, which is carefully sewn with tweezers and laid on a glue base. With a thin needle, the thread is straightened along the pattern. So we can work on the whole field.

After filling out the sketch, the work requires drying. To do this, it can be placed under the press and left to dry for about 6 hours. After that, using a knife, carefully separate the future product from the base and varnish it.

The finished work can consist of several parts, which are then combined into one whole. Also jute filigree can be supplemented with other decorative elements: beads, rhinestones and many others, all this is also attached to the sketch on glue.

2. Here's an idea that just captivated me. For the base of the lamp used a bottle of blue glass, decorated with acrylic paints, and lampshade made openwork filigree.

3. Looking at this workshop, I understand that I have never seen such a beautiful stand for napkins!

4. Another great example of a lamp. Natural and bleached jute was used in the work. The base is decorated with twigs and curls of jute, marbles and artificial pearls.

5. A great idea for lovers of tea. Why not decorate your kitchen with such an unusual decorative element?

6. And with the help of jute filigree, you can make jewelry for hair. Beautiful, isn't it?

7. A panel in this technique can be a great addition to your room. Of course, creating such a picture will take a lot of effort and time, but the result is clearly worth it!

And you can see the whole process of working in this unusual, but very beautiful technique by watching this video.

about:blank

I also suggest you get acquainted with the inspiring ideas of ornaments made of linen threads and beads, which can push you to create your own masterpieces. Perhaps this collection will interest you and you can make a unique thing.

Working with natural thread It is so pleasant that it immediately attracts young and beginner needlewomen. Simple techniques and simple algorithm of actions allow you to quickly master this magnificent ancient technique.

I hope I was able to inspire you. featsI would be very happy if you would share your work with us in the comments as soon as possible.

You like the idea? Share it with your friends, I’m sure they’ll be grateful.

Tags

See also

New and interesting