Ten legendary items from the cosmetics of a Soviet citizen

I recently received perfume for my birthday. To which my grandmother, whom I had been staying with all last week, said that the smell was not bad, but they were still far from Red Moscow.

Each generation has its own priorities and ideals, and having decided not to argue with my grandmother, I started talking about the means that helped Soviet women feel the most charming and attractive.

After all, it only seems that 40 years ago all lipstick was red, and eye shadows for the eyelids - blue. Still the range feminine-beauty I was much richer! In addition, certain cosmetics, which were used by our grandmothers, continue to be produced to this day.

So what was it - makeup in Soviet style? Someone found these funds and successfully used them, someone, like me, saw my grandmother and mother, and someone knows only from the memories of the adult part of the family.

Editorial "Site" I decided to go back in time and remember 10. legendary cosmetics past.

Soviet cosmetics
  1. Lipstick and lip pencil
    If we talk about the color of the lips, for the most part, Soviet women preferred carrot and brown shades. The luckiest ones could also boast of pearl lipstick. Special chic - lipstick "Dzintars 21". The concept of “hygienic lipstick” did not exist. But there was a cosmetic vaseline "Norka" - it was used instead lipstick. Well, if we talk about a lip pencil, then such a concept did not exist in the USSR either. There was a red pencil from the Young Artist set that was bought in Children's World.

2. Leningradskaya mascara
    The thing without which it is difficult to imagine the makeup of those years is mascara in a bar. They spit on her, and then the most desperate shared the painted eyelashes with a needle or pin. The simplest composition (soap, stearin, beeswax, ceresin, petroleum oil, soot and perfume) allowed to “build” eyelashes of unreal length. True, this beauty held until the first drops of rain. Why this product turned out to be so tenacious is a mystery. But the "Leningrad" can be bought now.

3. Hair polish "Pretty"
    This varnish fixed the hairstyle in a rare conscientious manner - the curls lasted about three days. Despite a very unusual chemical smell, it was incredibly popular in the eighties, when voluminous hairstyles were in vogue. Today, the new improved line of "Prelest Professional" has several dozen products for care and stowage.

3882 2004

4. Tonal means
    The smooth tone of the face was provided by another legendary cosmetic product of those years - the tonal cream "Ballet" of the Svoboda factory, which lay on the skin in a thick layer and created the effect of a smooth, although unnatural mask. This cream, by the way, experienced a rebirth a few years ago, and now the Ballet 2000 is on the market.

Together with the company L’Oreal “Freedom” produced a tonal tool in tubes – cream powder “Jamet”. Its quality was higher than that of Ballet. There were three shades: beige, peach and natural. The latter option was more common in stores.

5. Shampoo
    This product can hardly be called a cosmetic, however, it would be a crime not to mention the legendary “Quick-krya”, which I remember quite well. The delicious aroma of this shampoo is remembered, probably, by almost all children of the eighties and nineties. He smelled like the smell of chewing gum "Donald" and was a real dream of a Soviet child. Some even tried to taste shampoo, but, alas, it was completely inedible.

Of course, this Bulgarian shampoo was in short supply and rarely appeared on store shelves. Then fashionistas also did not disdain to use this shampoo, because the hair after washing became light and fluffy.

6. Spirits.
    Every woman dreamed of the coveted fragrant bottle of Red Moscow, something similar to the Kremlin Palace. Rumor has it that the creator of the “Favorite Spirits of the Empress” (this was the name of the prototype of “Red Moscow”) August Michel took part in the creation of the famous Chanel No. 5, which is why many note the similarity of French and Soviet fragrances.

Well, high school students and graduates of those years desperately dreamed of "Natasha".

7. Hair dyes
    There were two hair dyes: henna and basma. Accordingly, it was possible to paint either in radically black or in fiery red. Brightened hair with a decoction of chamomile. The most courageous achieved the cherished blonde with the help of hydrogen peroxide. She's been wearing a coat. “Eliminated” with hydroperite hair was then restored with castor oil. But that's another story altogether.

8. Nail polishes
    A necessary attribute of fashionistas of those years - screaming nail polishes. Special love was enjoyed by the American brand Kiki, which produced sparkling varnishes of the most incredible shades, because of which the nails layered, yellowed and broke. What would you do in the name of beauty?

Fans of tonal cream "Ballet", as well as those who have heard about it, but never used, I suggest you to familiarize yourself with the pros and cons of this legendary tool. And find out why this cosmetic product, created in the USSR, is still produced and bought in modern Russia.

Gradually Soviet cosmetics became more high-quality: what only cost the tonal cream "Ballet", moisturizing baby cream "Antoshka" and the legendary "Triple cologne". These products still have their fans!

How do you feel about the beauty products of that time? Are you still using something on this list? I would be glad if you would share your experience and pleasant memories of that time in the comments.

Be beautiful, joyful, radiant, regardless of the cosmetics applied! And don't forget to tell your friends about this article, I'm sure you'll have something to discuss.

Tags

See also

New and interesting