What connects Andrei Konchalovsky and Nikita Mikhalkov

Anyone who has a brother or sister knows how difficult it can be. Conflicts, complexes, quarrels and competition are familiar to all those who were not the only child in the family. And star families are no exception. When you are the child of a famous and successful person, a lot is expected of you. If there are two of you in the family, then you are constantly compared.

Sometimes it is very difficult, and Andrei Konchalovsky is well aware of this. On the birthday of his younger brother, Nikita Mikhalkov, he spoke frankly about their relationship, finding many good words. Very instructive and wise words that the editorial board "Site" shares with you.

Konchalovsky Andrei Sergeyevich Those who are not very well versed in the family ties of celebrities may not know that Andrei Konchalovsky and Nikita Mikhalkov are brothers. They were born into a family of talented and famous people. His father is the well-known author of “Uncle Stepa”, Sergey Mikhalkov, and his mother Natalia Konchalovskaya is a writer, the granddaughter of the artist Surikov.

Initially, both brothers bore the surname Mikhalkova, but eventually Andrew changed it to the surname of his mother. There are many versions of why he did this. For example, it was said that he considered his mother much more talented than his father, so he decided to keep her name. According to another version, he did not want to be called “son of Mikhalkov”. Konchalovsky himself once said: “I am not a son, I am myself!” The brothers have different surnames.

The relationship with his brother Konchalovsky was quite complicated. Andrei was eight years older than Nikita and never missed a chance to prove who was in charge. Konchalovsky recalls: In his youth he played the role of a faithful squire. I was always followed by a devoted younger brother, a good boy. Big Brother is a position of strength. At this time, my relationship with Nikita was strictly vertical, he looked at me from the bottom up, I – from top down with ugly condescension.

Nikita ran to the store for cigarettes for Andrei and his company. As Konchalovsky himself recalls, the younger brother was always very kind and extremely loyal, always tried to be close to him. On the other hand, largely thanks to his brother Mikhalkov and came to the cinema. For example, Nikita Sergeevich played the first role in Konchalovsky’s term paper.

It was a very funny story. Andrei was supposed to shoot at 5 a.m. and promised to take his brother on the set, but he overslept. Accordingly, the director himself slept. When they rushed to the scene, they learned that the actress was tired of waiting and left. Then Konchalovsky made his brother change into women's clothes and play a role.

Konchalovsky recalls: “Nikita, the boy is still, all in tears, in snot, trying his best, hobbling ...” Nikita often helped his brother with films. For example, he caught pigeons near the Central Telegraph and Manege Square. Then he caught almost 400 pigeons, you can only imagine what it cost him.

The director recalls one story from their youth: “The glimmer of guilt appeared only once, I immediately tried to extinguish it.” A girl was supposed to come to me, I asked Nikita to leave the house, wait on the street, on the corner - then I will pick him up by car, we will go to the cottage. I forgot about him. It was freezing.

He was waiting for me, and I went to the cafe, and only after an hour or two did I remember him. The apartment is locked, I have the keys. I came back, I saw Nikita sleeping in a phone booth, squatting. The glass is sweaty, the ushank is tied on the chin, tears are frozen in front of my eyes. He has always been and is a man of exceptional devotion.”

And only when Nikita grew up, the brothers' relations became warm and friendly. After a while, Konchalovsky stopped treating his brother condescendingly, and over the years he saw a great talent in him.

He recalls: Over time, there was a surprise, it was also arrogant: the older brother in this system should have the right to everything, and the younger brother to what he would be allowed to older. The surprise came when I saw Nikita using common plans. He opened his tongue in the movies.

For a long time I had nothing to consult with him: I was sure that I knew everything in cinema better than he. After Unfinished Piece for Mechanical Piano, and especially after Urga, I finally recognized that a great Master had grown up.

There was never any competition between them, of course. Otherwise, it doesn't work. Two sons of famous parents, two brothers, of course, they were compared and discussed. Konchalovsky writes: If Nikita and I were not brothers, no one would compare us. But the comparison is constant.

My brother and I were at different poles of philosophical perception of the world, man, personality, religion, statehood – everything. And a lot has changed. We're not young anymore. Each of us has already crossed the top of our life trajectory.”

On October 21 this year, Nikita Sergeyevich turned 73 years old. And Andrei Konchalovsky wrote him congratulations, where he said a lot of good things about his brother, told many stories, including those we shared above. At the end of his congratulations, he wrote: “I am grateful to Nikita that he never publicly polemicized with me. And in difficult moments he was always there. What about the big brother complex? This complex hasn't existed for a long time. Nikita, honey, Happy Birthday!

It seems to us that this is a perfect example of how to build relationships with loved ones, even if you had a blood feud as a child. You need to look critically at yourself, the other person, and what’s going on between you. After all, you can only rely on your family!

By the way, Konchalovsky turned 81 this year, and he looks very cheerful and young. Recently we shared with you the wise words of Andrei Konchalovsky about life and health. He has his secrets!

It’s hard to say what the secret of his youth really is, but maybe it’s all about his young wife. Recently, we wrote about how the age difference affects spouses.

What is your relationship with your brother or sister? Tell us in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting