Body language guide

It is proved that 80% of information a person receives with the help of nonverbal signals - gestures, facial expressions, postures, looks, appearance of the interlocutor. Body language It also influences what others think about it. To make your body an ally rather than a traitor, carefully study our brief body language guide and learn what each innocent gesture means. There's an explanation!

"Site" will tell you what gestures and postures it is better not to abuse during communication, so as not to ruin your attractiveness completely. Body and sign language It will reveal the true intentions of the interlocutor for one or two!

Gestures and poses
  1. Hand behind your back.
    Such a gesture is a strong negative signal to others. When you hold your hand behind your back, clutching it with the other by the forearm, chances are you are angry, sullen and not set up for constructive conversation. The higher one hand holds the other, the more aggressive you seem to be.

DepositPhotos
  2. Hands in the castle
    It would seem that hands clasped in a lock and laid on a table make you a very serious person. But the interlocutor, on the contrary, does not think so: this gesture directly indicates your closeness and unwillingness to conduct a conversation. The same is true of arms crossed on the chest.

DepositPhotos
  3. Hands in the castle, held to the face
    Variation of the previous posture, expressing the maximum degree of closure. The higher the hands, the more you want to hide from the interlocutor “in the house”.

DepositPhotos
  4. Crossed legs
    When you have a conversation with your ankles crossed, and as a bonus, you hide your hands in your pockets, you show insecurity in your own words. The interviewer will not listen to what you try to tell him! Hands hidden in pockets are not exactly a successful attempt to hide nervousness from prying eyes.

DepositPhotos
  5. Fists stuck in their sides
    This posture is abused by everyone and everything, often not giving it its true meaning. Her message is something like, "Well, what are you trying to tell me?" I'll still disagree.” When you have nowhere to put your hands, you should not lay them on your sides, especially folding your hands into a fist: the interlocutor will perceive you as an aggressive character, lose any disposition to the conversation and lose precious trust.

DepositPhotos

6. Crooked smile
    For many, such a grimace has become a habit, but it is not a sign of benevolence. The interlocutor will perceive a curved smile rather as an expression of sarcasm. To make a pleasant impression and create a trusting relationship, smile sincerely and openly or not at all.

DepositPhotos
  7. Slouching posture
    The back with a hook not only harms health and does not go to anyone, but now and then shouts to others: “I am not confident in myself, I am helpless, I have nowhere worse!” The same goes for the gait. Slender posture and beautiful gait will change your appearance better than a new outfit, plus give an unprecedented self-confidence.

DepositPhotos
  8. Hand by mouth
    It’s no secret that unconsciously touching your mouth during a conversation is a sign of a lie. Secondly, where it is visible that a person who respects himself and others covers his mouth during a conversation – find out what he says. And third, looking at you, the interlocutor will think that you are avoiding the conversation or want to hide something.

DepositPhotos
  9. thumb-waving
    This gesture is familiar to everyone: a person seems to point his thumb somewhere back, looking at the interlocutor. In fact, such an innocent gesture can be regarded as extremely dismissive. Any phrase you say will look like a sloppy go-ahead.

DepositPhotos
  10. Index finger threat
    I'm sure you often use this gesture to convince your interlocutor of something, but the effect is the opposite: people hate being taught. In order not to earn a reputation as a “strict teacher”, do not abuse this gesture!

DepositPhotos

We are convinced that there should be more open and attractive people! The secret of charisma and attraction is simple: the more natural your posture and freer your gestures, the more pleasant the impression you make on others. Straighten your back, get your hands off your face, and open your palms, and you will see that people will reach for you.

Do you know how to read the intentions of the interlocutor by innocent gestures? Tell us and don’t forget to share the article with your friends.

Tags

See also

New and interesting