Quotes by George Danelia

We wrote with regret that on April 4, the brilliant director Georgy Danelia passed away. His films: “Afonya”, “Mimino”, “I walk around Moscow” are deservedly considered classics of Soviet cinema and have long been disassembled for quotes. Georgy Nikolaevich was not only a wonderful filmmaker, but also a talented screenwriter and writer. And also knew how to humorously relate to various life troubles.

Editorial "Site" decided to life-speak and the work of George Danelia, which in our time is very relevant.

George Danelia
  1. “I loved and I was loved. I was leaving, and they were leaving me. That’s all I can say about my personal life.”
  2. “I have met both bastards and traitors. But they are all locked tightly in the garbage can of my memory, and their entry into my memories is strictly forbidden.”
  3. “Women are always women, they are not divided into old and young.”

4. “My dearest memory is the glowing kitchen window with my mother behind it.”
  5. Fortunately, I quickly realized that if I was going to shoot for success, I would never take anything off. You should shoot what you like and then you will not be ashamed.”
  6. “Insert smart lines with meaning – immediately becomes boring.”

7. “Life is not a script. You can't rewrite it. Too bad!
  8. In old age, everything looks like binoculars: the farther, the better.
  9. “All people are good, they just do bad things sometimes.”

10. "There are people, there is dance."
  11. “There are roads in life that, if you pass by, you will never return to.”
  12. “Mankind never ceases to do one stupid thing after another. It is as if it is deliberately destroying its own planet. And fifty years from now, if humanity survives, Kin-dza-dza will remain relevant. Because idiocy is eternal, it was born with man.”

13. “I have never made a comedy. My films say comedy because they gave more film to comedy.
  14. “Every character in my films has features that I have.”
  15. When I get there, I wish someone would read my books and say, ‘The cat is gone and the smile is still there.’

Georgy Danelia had an amazing command of the word and wrote several books in which he deftly managed to combine subtle humor, love of peace and boundless wisdom. He made many chic films, and also glorified talented actors. His life path is very interesting and rich in events.

We also shared quotes from Joseph Brodsky.

Tell us in the comments, which film of George Danelia you like to watch. Share this article with your friends on social media!

Tags

See also

New and interesting