Selection of unusual houseplants

Many of my friends at the word "domestic plants" immediately come to mind geranium, ficus and violet in a ceramic pot. But not my mom! She, as an avid fan of pots, has been collecting rare pots for 5 years. strange-plant for home. Looking at some of them, one can only be amazed that nature could create something like this!

Today's edition. "Site" I have prepared for you, dear reader, a selection of the most vases for home. These beauties will surely surprise and intrigue your guests!

By the way, almost all of the plants represented are succulents. They do not require too painstaking and complex care procedures.

Unusual plants
  1. The figurative leaves of this outlandish decorative plant resemble a corkscrew. Actually, thanks to its foliage, the plant received the name “corkscrew grass”. This plant is growing extremely quickly. The curls look like some diligent florist has been working on them for a long time. But it's not. The leaves themselves curl in an amazing way! Would you like to decorate your kitchen with this pot?

2. The aroma of the slip is not pleasant at all! This small-sized succulent with an unusual spotted or striped flower smells of rotten meat, which thus attracts flies to pollinate. This pot looks unusual. The plant does not tolerate transplantation: if the roots are damaged, say goodbye to it immediately. The rest is very unpretentious. Light-loving, does not need spraying.

3. I am very surprised by Ariocarpus, or rather one of its species - Ariocarpus cracked. It's a spineless cactus. And that's his first feature. The second is very slow growth. A cactus takes about 45 to 50 years to reach a decimeter in diameter. And the third is thick fleshy roots, tightly intertwined with each other.

All this allowed the exotic succulent to grow in places where there are almost no other representatives of the flora, namely: in the crevices of rocky rocks and cliffs.

4. Another real miracle of nature is lithops. They're living stones! The English botanist Burchell, who first discovered these plants in 1811 while traveling through the desert region of Great Carro, once decided to relax and sat down next to a pile of pebbles. On close examination among these stones, he found plants that were almost entirely in shape and pattern. Thus was discovered lithops turbineiformis. There are currently 37 species of litops. The plant comes from the sandy and rocky deserts of South Africa, from Namibia, Botswana and South Africa. The above-ground part is two fused thick sheets separated by a shallow slit from which a peduncle and new leaves appear.

5. What strikes me most is Cooper's havory! This lovely plant grows from several outlets. Juicy leaves at the ends have transparent windows, due to which light is absorbed, and resemble water balloons. The plant loves bright lighting and feels comfortable at a temperature not higher than 30 degrees in summer and 18 degrees in winter. Spraying havortia does not require. It's better to water it from the pallet. With Cooper's havortia, you can create an extraordinarily beautiful landscape!

6. Trachiandra resembles an alien among houseplants. This is a new floristic trend in interior decor. The original shape of the leaves and bright appearance are becoming more and more popular among lovers of domestic plants. The bizarre and exotic forms of the plant owe to the severe and arid African climate, to which it has to adapt. During drought, to preserve moisture, the leaves of the trachiander twist in tight spirals. When flowering from the succulent comes a soft aroma of vanilla.

7. Rowley's cross looks quite attractive, easily reproduces, easy to care for. This plant is very attractive to young children in the form of leaves, similar to berries. However, this vine is very poisonous. Therefore, this plant is categorically not suitable for growing in kindergartens and apartments where there are small children.

8. Why say anything, just look at this unusual creation of nature. Crassula Umbella is beautiful in every way! This unpretentious plant can withstand light, shadow and does not need watering for a long time. Externally resembles a mushroom or cake with a flower grown from it.

I also suggest you learn how to emphasize greenery in the vases of the dignity of the interior. Beautiful and functional!

Make such unusual rooms plantage It means constantly surprising guests. Many of the exotic flowers are beautiful and attract everyone’s attention, while not requiring special care.

If you have any special plants at home, I would be happy if you share their photos with us in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting