What to do to make the Christmas tree last longer

The living tree still remains for many an integral attribute of the holiday. It is the smell of needles and tangerines that sends us back to childhood and evokes beautiful memories. For me, this is a memory of how my grandfather, a couple of days before the New Year, brought a fluffy and large spruce branch, put it in a bucket of sand, and my grandmother and I were engaged in decoration.

When I smell a tree, I always have that memory. It's so warm, so nice. Even now, before the New Year, I bring at least a few spruce branches into the house.

We're in the editorial. "Site" We believe that there is no need for a living tree, because there are so many artificial beauties. She will stand as long as she needs, and she will not crumble. And for the sake of the holiday, you do not have to spoil a tree that has grown for many years. But everyone decides for themselves.

However, there are ways to tree-tree Without harm to nature, there is a lot. For example, you can choose not a tree, but just a branch from a large tree or buy a tree in a pot and then plant it.

But that is not what we are talking about today. We will tell you what to do to make the Christmas tree stand longer and keep a decent look.

First, you need to approach the right choice of tree. Often at this stage, the main mistakes occur. The tree looks more beautiful, it is both lush and greener. However, the pine will last much longer and will not crumble. Therefore, if this indicator is important to you, you should choose a pine tree.

Next, you need to pay attention to the needles and trunk of the tree. The darker the needles, the better. You should also choose a tree with a thick trunk. This tree has more moisture and nutrients inside, which means it will look good after the holidays.

The tree is selected, now you need to bring it into the house correctly. Before that, it needs to be shaken well so that excess needles crumble. There will be fewer of them in the house. Then clean the tree from the extra branches. You need to bring a tree into the house 2-3 days before the holiday. If purchased earlier, it is better to leave it in the cold for the time being.

Often a tree is put in a bucket of sand and forgotten about it, but this is wrong. The fact is that this way the tree does not get moisture and consumes its resources. They quickly run out, and the tree begins to crumble. To avoid this, it is recommended to put the tree in a special container with water and sugar. From time to time you need to pour the solution, so the tree will stand longer.

You can put it in the sand, only it must first be mixed with the ground. And not just leave the tree, but feed it regularly. Prepare fertilization: in two liters of water, dissolve an aspirin tablet, a tablespoon of vinegar and the same amount of sugar. Water the tree with this solution from time to time. Watch the soil dry.

Also, do not put a tree near the battery, because of this tree will lose moisture faster. If there is no other place, you can constantly put wet towels on the battery to maintain humidity in the room. In principle, these are all tips that will help you keep the tree fresh longer.

Don’t forget that you can’t just throw away the tree. There are a couple of options for what to do with the Christmas tree after the holidays.

But we still recommend giving up the living. Christmas tree. Go to the market or shop and choose a beautiful artificial Christmas tree. It will serve you for many years, and the living trees will stay where they belong.

Tags

See also

New and interesting