My brother tricked my grandmother into writing an apartment for him, and put her in a boarding house for the elderly.

“I would never say in my life that I have a bad brother. But this year everything has changed and, probably, fell into place, our reader Olga shared in her letter to the editorial office. 2021 was really a big deal for her. Problems in the family, the ultimatum of the beloved husband - all this undermined the stability of the family life of the woman. What happened and what decision Olga came to, read further in the article.

Earlier this year, I was busy with my life, expecting my second child. My husband and I lived soul to soul, he always supported me in everything. From time to time, I called my grandmother to see how she was doing. And one day she didn't pick up the phone, but my older brother's wife.

She said she and Koley had recently moved in with her grandmother to live. And she can't come to the phone because she went to sleep. To be honest, I immediately suspected something was wrong and called my mother. The fact is that before my brother and wife lived with my mother. But she did not get along well with her daughter-in-law, who considered herself a mistress in a strange house.

My mother said that she insisted that Kolya and his wife find another home. However, they decided not to spend money on rent, but to move to their grandmother’s 2-room apartment. My brother already has a child. I didn't understand how they could all fit in the same apartment. So I asked my husband to go on a scout and tell me if everything was okay.

My husband did my job and told me that everything was fine at Grandma’s house. But I still felt something was wrong here. A couple of days later, while my husband was at work, I gathered my courage and went to my grandmother’s house by myself. I was almost 8 months pregnant at the time, so it wasn’t easy for me to travel alone.

My brother's wife opened the door. I didn’t want to let me into the apartment: “You’re all mommy, you like to come without warning too!” You need to call first and then come! I was very angry and told her that I had come not to her, but to my grandmother, who lives here.

As I walked into the apartment, I didn’t see my grandmother or her belongings. I got scared. It turned out that my brother and wife had arranged my beloved grandmother in a boarding house for the elderly. They tricked Grandma into rewriting her apartment for her brother, and now this apartment does not belong to her.

I immediately took a taxi and went to this boarding house to pick up my grandmother. I called my mother on the way. Turns out she knew everything and didn't mind her mother-in-law being put in a nursing home. I was just in shock!

Of course, I brought my grandmother to our house. But my husband wasn't happy about it, and he said, "Why are you doing this?" You don't get the apartment, do you understand? Does he think I saved my grandmother for an apartment? I didn't even realize that he lied to me at the time, telling me that my grandmother was doing well at home.

The husband went to his mother and gave an ultimatum: either he or his grandmother. I didn't know what to do next. I knew I couldn’t leave my grandmother. The first thing we did was go to a lawyer to solve the apartment issue. We managed to cancel the gift. And then I decided to file for divorce.

Granny got her apartment back. My brother called me and said he didn’t want to talk to me anymore. He didn’t think he had such a bad sister. Funny, isn't it? I didn’t think I had such a bad brother either. By the way, my mother turned away from me, too. Said she didn't have a daughter anymore.

In a couple of months, my life turned upside down. But I know I did the right thing.

Relationships with relatives can collapse at any time. Unfortunately, in situations like this, no one can protect their loved ones from betrayal. Olga's actions are respected. Almost before giving birth, she decided to save her grandmother by sacrificing her marriage. But maybe it's for the best?

Tell me in the comments, what do you think about this and what would you do in the place of the main character? Wait for you downstairs!

Tags

See also

New and interesting