How to communicate with a person who does not put you in a penny

Communicating with difficult people It often leaves us feeling empty and takes away our energy. There are those who refuse to understand that other people have their own interests and preferences. There are also characters who believe that everything around is “toes without sticks.” In this article, we will tell you how to deal with arrogant people, egoists and energy vampires.

© Freepik Communication with difficult people Just do not think that selfishness is exceptionally bad. Healthy selfishness It helps us achieve our goals, love ourselves and live our lives for pleasure, and say no when we need to. Here. selfishness - that's a different story. Such people are focused only on themselves, do not recognize other people’s opinions, are able to walk on their heads and manipulate others.

With those who refuse to respect other people, you must behave accordingly. This will help preserve valuable energy and mental health.

Don’t try to change a person if you notice frequent manifestations of unhealthy selfishness. Don’t try to “cure” a person.. Such people are very difficult, if not impossible to change. You can only waste time and effort. Just understand and accept that you are selfish. Then it will be easier to build a safe model of communication and not get hooked.

© Freepik Do not succumb to provocations Egocentric people need constant attention to their personality. The best tactic. prevent such a person from wanting. The egoist can manipulate guilt by showing that you are the cause of his troubles. It is important to notice such behavior in time and not be manipulated.

© Freepik Do not pay attention to a toxic person In general and in general, you should not give your valuable time and attention to people who do not appreciate it. Even if there are no open provocations and manipulations, try to communicate less with the selfish person. Sometimes it is difficult to avoid contact. For example, if that person is your employee. Communication can always be minimized. If you can eliminate a toxic person from your life, do so without regret.

© Freepik Save energy and replenish it If communication with an energy vampire is inevitable, then try. compensate for stolen energyreplenish your supplies. Communicate more with those who fill, enliven and motivate you. Remember that self-centered people feed on our attention. Don't feed them.

If an egoist allows himself to sit on his neck at least once, such behavior becomes a habit. It is important to immediately make it clear that such antics will not work with you. But if a person manages to sneak out on your head, act immediately. Politely refuse all requests and set a distance.

Show me you're not gonna take it anymore. Again, don’t worry about who will think what. Do you care about the opinion of a person who puts you in no way?

Yes, we all face selfish and toxic people. It's inevitable. But we regulate the amount of time and the scope of communication. Stop worrying about who might think. If a person is unpleasant to you and interacting with him is depressing, You don't have to keep in touch.I don't owe anyone anything.

Some people say, "I can't limit my contact." I work for a company where my boss is an energy vampire. What do I do now, quit? Why put up with a job when it's devastating and allows people to feed on your energy? Yeah, you get the money, But you lose something more important..

© Freepik Don’t be a victim Often we attract certain people into our lives. Energy vampires smell potential victims. The answer is simple. Don't act like a victim.. Change your worldview, revise your social circle, make adjustments. Give your energy only to those people who appreciate it and respond in kind, and not just swallow the resource.

Communication with difficult people will become easier if you stick to these simple guidelines. Remember that healthy selfishness is different from unhealthy selfishness. Communicate with those who appreciate your attention and fill you with positive energy in return.

Have you had experience with toxic people and energy vampires? How do you deal with their influence? Tell me in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting