What to plant in early July and whether the harvest will ripen

Some gardeners believe that all landings should be done in the spring. In extreme cases, you can plant conditional cucumbers in June, if the previously planted seedlings disappeared due to bad weather. However, experienced gardeners even in the height of summer prepare new beds. So. plant in July These people and should they follow their example?

My neighbor laughed not only me, but also my wife. The first days of July, and Petrovich cooks on the plot of the bed - he decided to plant something. We didn’t know when he was going to harvest. Is it December?

“In the end, curiosity prevailed. When he reappeared near the beds, I went to ask him what he was up to. But my neighbor wasn't gonna make me laugh. It turned out that he was preparing beds for the planting of Peking cabbage.”

“Petrovich said that planting this culture in the middle of summer was the right thing to do. It has enough daylight, it does not burn out, and then does not bitter. And by mid-September, the harvest will be harvested, so I worry about frost in vain.

“I remembered that we also planted Peking and cauliflower seedlings at the end of May. As a result, cauliflower disappeared, and Peking grew very poorly. I think I laughed at my neighbor and he was right. We will have to see later, what there Petrovich cabbage will turn out, – says Dmitry.

Indeed, in the height of summer, many crops can be planted on the site. For example, the radish feels great after landing in July. It is often planted on the site where the early potatoes were harvested. And with sufficient watering, radishes can be collected by autumn, it will be crispy and juicy.

Surprisingly, even beans, which usually grow for a long time, are also planted in July. And by the end of August it will be possible to harvest. It's all about the abundance of light, heat and moisture.

Also in July, you can also plant greens to have onions, dill, spinach, watercress, leaf salad, and arugula on the table... All this splendor is growing quite quickly. Therefore, after 3-5 weeks after planting, you can enjoy fresh vitamins. The main thing is to choose what you need most on your desk.

Tags

See also

New and interesting