Review of the refrigerator of a pensioner, whose students rent a room

Students are usually very reluctant to rent from old women. No noise, no walking, no bringing anyone. There are restrictions and restrictions that pensioner It turns into a real cage for yesterday's schoolboy who just escaped from parental care. But that doesn't always happen.

And today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of a freshman who also did not want to rent a room in the apartment of an elderly grandmother. However, the student did not have much choice. Although the hostess came across quite interesting and pleasant.

I myself come from the Smolensk region, recently started studying in one of the Smolensk colleges. My family is not rich, and I also have two younger brothers on whom parents have to spend a lot. Therefore, only the most budgetary options for my living in the city were considered, Kristina writes.

At first I lived in a dormitory, but I was not enough for a long time. In such a noisy environment, it was impossible to study or even get enough sleep. I started looking for other options, and I was lucky to come across an ad from a grandmother who lived next to the college itself. And this allowed you to save on travel, then to please yourself, for example, going to the movies.

My friends told me it was a bad idea. Like, if you live with an old woman, then you can immediately erase all the joys of student life. But I decided that studying was more important, so I didn’t think about it for a long time.

Despite the fears, the hostess turned out to be a rather pleasant woman. She said that due to a meager pension and growing utility bills, she was forced to rent a room.

I moved things and got the keys. We agreed that I would pay for housing every month on the tenth. Tamara Petrovna even allocated me a place in the food pantry, as well as a lower shelf in the refrigerator.

When I first opened the refrigerator, I was amazed. It seemed to me that those pennies that the hostess receives as a pension, barely enough for the most necessary. But the refrigerator was full of food.

On the shelves carefully stored meat, minced meat, fish, vegetables and fruits. On the side were homemade eggs and milk, a lot of greenery. I couldn’t even look into the freezer because it was so crowded.

I noticed that the cabinets in the kitchen are full of cereals and pasta, and in the pantry there are several klumaks of potatoes. And this is all for one fragile old lady? And I already knew that in this two-bedroom apartment she lives alone, her husband is gone, and the children have long lived in the capital. That’s all, of course, her personal stock?

My parents gave me money as much as possible, but there was always not enough money. This is so rich! You can cook anything. As a result, I gained courage, and when Tamara Petrovna and I were drinking tea in the evening, I asked where she had so much food.

The woman smiled and said that a difficult life taught her to take care of every penny. Therefore, she plans her expenses very carefully, writes everything down in a separate notebook. There used to be a cottage, and the same greens could be grown there. Now there is no cottage, so you have to get out by saving.

She buys a lot of canned food, cereals and even chocolates (this is her passion). Greens in the season cheaply takes on the market, then freezes or canned to last a long time. He also buys pork fat, on which you can prepare a lot of delicious and hearty dishes.

Trimming meat twists through the meat grinder into mince, from which you can either make dumplings, or cutlets, or cakes of some kind. The fish is bought by the river, which is cheaper. It also cuts it and uses it to the maximum.

What else do you need? Bread bakes itself in the oven, and milk (cheese cheese, sour cream, milk) buys from familiar sellers on the market. This is how it is done at minimal cost. And all the cabinets in the kitchen are filled with food.

I listened and admired. People of my generation have a very different attitude towards money. We have the means, okay, let's walk. No, bad, tightening your belts. And this woman knows exactly how much money she has now and how much she will have in a week. Everything is planned and laid out on shelves. I think I still have a lot to learn from her, said Kristina.

Progressive young people are always sure that they understand everything better than old people. But the wisdom and experience of life is not canceled. And in many things (as in the same savings), there is definitely something to learn from people of age. Isn't that right?

Tags

See also

New and interesting