From what Sovdepov habits of the era of scarcity it is time to get rid of

About half of my friends and acquaintances don't know. How to Throw Out Old Things They don't know how to do it. This passion for hoarding comes from our strange Soviet and post-Soviet upbringing. It makes sense. But some people just cross all reasonable boundaries.

I recently heard a slightly wild story from a friend. I wonder how strange people can be. It is clear that everyone has their own understanding of economy, storage and comfort. However, it seems to me that all the boundaries have already been crossed.

In general, the aunt of my friend has never been distinguished by simplicity of character. And her son was the same. Once it turned out that he does not use bed linen at all.

Just comes home, goes to bed with the phone on the couch, and falls asleep. Sometimes right in your outerwear. Whether it was a quirk or not is unclear.

But his mother, that aunt, loved to call my friend and complain for several hours on the phone. That's not right, and there's no money. And we didn't really help with that.

Once during another such conversation, the aunt complained that her sheet had been torn. My friend could not stand it: at one of the holidays gave her several sets of inexpensive, but high-quality bed linen. However, the story did not end there.

A few months later she and her family came to visit her aunt. And by chance we saw that she had the same bed linen on the bed with holes.

She didn’t talk about it in front of everyone, of course. But one day during the next call I asked. My aunt's answer surprised her.

It turned out that she just put the bed in the closet:
- Let the new ones lie. We'll take them when the old ones are over.

My friend was shocked. She did not understand how it was possible to sleep on a rag.

I personally find it difficult to part with certain things. Favorite T-shirts, favorite socks. But we need to move forward boldly. Do not allow yourself to leave something for later. Do not use any mugs because they are beautiful. Do not wear clothes because they are new.

You know, little kids always draw in books. They spoil them, they tear out pages. But it's an important part of their learning. The love of books and reading is also instilled. That's a little metaphor.

Boldly throw away the old stuff and print out the new stuff. Use it, otherwise you may not have time. I don't have time to live a little better.

Write in the comments what was the hardest thing in your life to throw away and how you overcame it.

Tags

See also

New and interesting