A good example of using old jeans in a household where nothing is lost

Before, I couldn’t figure out why you even need decorative pillows on the sofa. It seemed to me that all that could be gained from them were only the mountains of dust daily settling on them. Buying these things was considered a waste of money.

But when I became interested in the topic of conscious consumption, I changed my attitude to decor. It turned out that from old things you can create something completely new and beautiful. In addition, the decor made in handmade technique, you can easily fit into the interior. Even the same decorative pillows, made with their own hands, acquire meaning and create a cozy atmosphere in the house.

Wandering on the Internet in search of ideas on how to use old clothes in the household, I managed to stumble upon a wonderful YouTube channel called “From boredom to all hands”, which posted a video with detailed instructions for creating a chic decorative pillow made of jeans.

This is the video editorial. "Site" And he'll share it with you today. You'll find him at the end of the article. And for convenience, the main stages of the manufacture of the pillow we wrote in the form of a short step-by-step instructions.

Decorative pillows on the sofa
  1. First we make blanks - take old jeans and cut out strips of 42 cm long and 4.5 cm wide. Next, lay out these stripes in one line and then shift them side by side at an angle of 45 degrees. The distance to the connection with the next strip should be approximately 4 cm. After that, we stitch the strips together and make another such canvas.

2. Next, cut the edges of the canvases to get a smooth cut. And then on their reverse side we measure 4.5 cm (perpendicular to the crosslinked lines) and draw lines. Then we cut the canvases into stripes along these lines.

3. We lay out the cut blanks parallel to each other so that the slices form a pattern in the form of a Christmas tree, and sew them together.

4. Now on the reverse side of the resulting part we sew a cotton lining. And triangles formed with the edge of the finished canvas, cut off so that the detail has a strictly rectangular shape.

5. Next, cut four identical denim parts rectangular shape, calculating the dimensions so that the combination of two of them is equal to the size of the patterned part, and sew the lightning between these two pieces. And the remaining two pieces are sewn to the patterned detail at the edges. After that, we combine all the blanks into a single product and stuff the pillow with a hollofiber or syntepon.

A video with a visual step-by-step production of this wonderful element of decor is left here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXsKrHv8u7E

And also, as a bonus, we want to share an alternative version of the product with a diamond-shaped pattern from the master Natalia Tkachenko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Y5aMgLNR68

Can you tell me which fabrication technique you liked best? We look forward to comments and new meetings!

Tags

See also

New and interesting