Why is the son so ashamed of his parents that he decides not to invite them to the wedding?

Parents don't always succeed Get in touch with your adult children. And, unfortunately, very often this happens due to banal misunderstanding and understatement. Someone holds a grudge and does not find the courage to speak honestly. It may be embarrassing to talk to mom and dad. Yeah, that happens.

For example, the heroine of our story today faced a similar problem. Son's conduct The poor woman was so discouraged that she did not know what to do next. Perhaps your advice will help her!

My husband and I have been married for over 25 years. We spent our whole life in the village and ran our own small farm. I work as a junior teacher at our local school, and my husband is a locksmith, without exaggeration, a master of all trades. When we had our first and only child, we were in seventh heaven.

But I understood that my son would have to be put on his feet, given him a good education and raised a real man. Little by little, my husband and I went to our goal. And Pasha helped us with that. He loved to learn, grasped everything on the fly, he was preparing for university.

At the same time, he was always on the farm, he did not disdain any work. We were very proud of our son and wished him only the best. Since his birth, he has been saving money for his education. They wanted him to go to the city and find himself.

When Pasha moved to graduate school, we began serious preparations for his admission. To raise the necessary amount of money, I had to sell the car and the house of my mother-in-law. Of course, she was sad. But for her grandson, she would do anything. Soon Marya Petrovna moved to live with us, and Pasha went to take the entrance exams.

The contest was too big. Despite the excellent results, it was only possible to enter the contract. Pasha was upset because he knew how much money would be spent on his education. So my son promised us that he would not let us down. That's what happened. Pasha graduated from university with honors and studied as a lawyer. Dream come true!

But a full higher education went to his son literally at a great price. We sold everything we could. And then we had to take out a loan. Somehow we managed to survive. I worked for one and a half hours and worked with the kids extra. My husband took any job. Even the mother-in-law joined in: decided to knit and sell their work.

The son began to look for part-time jobs while still a student. But he spent everything he earned only on his own needs. We never asked him for help, we wanted him to enjoy his life. In the third year, Pasha met a girl with whom he immediately fell in love. He didn’t tell us much about her when we called.

I was able to find out that her name is Katya and she comes from a fairly wealthy family. She never came to our village, although I invited them with Pashka more than once. After graduation, his son was offered a good job almost immediately. He stayed in the capital and soon got married.

Yes, my son had a wedding that my husband and I were not invited to. One day Pasha just called us and confronted us with the fact. I was just in shock. How can that be? Our only and beloved son got married without telling us anything! He just sent us some pictures.

It was clear that the wedding was modest, family-friendly. On one photo card was a daughter-in-law and her parents. Why were they called and we weren't? My son is ashamed of us and our poverty. Yes, we don’t live very well, but we would have come to the wedding of our own son.

I just can't imagine how that could be. It hurts and hurts to tears. I never met my daughter-in-law. To be honest, I don’t even know how to behave in this situation. Have you ever dealt with something like this?

The editorial board would like to justify sonship in this story. However, it seems that the independent life in the capital spoiled him. The saddest thing is that parents who did everything possible for the well-being of their child suffer from this.

What advice would you give to the main character of today’s story? Is there a chance to change your son’s attitude towards his parents? Share your opinion in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting