7 People Who Haven't Been Confused in Extreme Situations

Life is amazing and sometimes unforeseen situations happen. We can change something and we can't. But there's always a way out.

We inWebsite We want to tell amazing stories where the miracle is intertwined with courage, endurance and hope.

10-Year-Old Girl Defeats Crocodile with Bare Hands

Unprecedented courage showed 10-year-old schoolgirl Juliana Oss, fighting off a crocodile during a tour of the reserve in Orlando. Coming off the main trail to rinse her legs in the creek, the girl met the amphibian face to face. The crocodile grabbed the girl in the leg with a dead grip, but she was not confused.
“I hit him on the head, but it didn’t help. But then the instructor's words came to mind, and I clamped the crocodile's nostrils with my fingers, and he had to breathe through his mouth. As a result, I was able to free my leg.- Juliana says.

The girl had to apply 14 stitches, but the crocodile did not touch the vital organs or bones.

Surgeon himself

Leonid Rogozov was a young Soviet doctor who worked in Antarctica at the Novolazarevskaya station. In 1961, he was diagnosed with acute appendicitis. The situation seemed hopeless: the mainland was far away, and Rogozov was the only doctor on the expedition. Then he made a difficult, but only right decision:
Your own appendix.

“I was scared. But then I took a novocaine needle and gave myself the first injection. Somehow I automatically switched to operating mode, and from that point on I didn’t notice anything else.- The doctor remembers.

The operation lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes and was completed successfully, and after 5 days the surgeon removed the stitches.

Older Man Survives 127 Hours

Amos Wayne Richards fell into a Utah canyon while walking. His ankle was injured because of the fall, but he managed to get out of the canyon. For several days he crawled through the desert in search of help. Amos says that he was helped by the story of Aron Ralston, which formed the basis of the film “127 Hours”.

Noticing a rescue helicopter searching for him on the 4th day, Richards drew attention with a flash of the camera, which, fortunately, was with him. The elderly man was rescued and taken to hospital. The story ended well.

8 days in the desert without food or water

Italian Mauro Prosperi, participating in the race in the Sahara, He was a leader. Wanting to maintain his position, he decided to continue the marathon, even when the area was covered by a sandstorm. But the runner got lost in the middle of one of the largest and most dangerous deserts in the world.

“I walked in the desert day after day, catching snakes and lizards and eating them raw. I drank the same way. I think there are some instincts that go into extreme situations.”

Mauro escaped on the 8th day by finding an oasis of nomads. But he still had to fight for his life: the marathoner’s health was undermined by dehydration and other consequences of a long stay in the desert. However, he recovered and finished his marathon 4 years later.

The boy who never lost hope

Roma Platov loved to go fishing with his father. One day he took his son fishing in the taiga. Despite the strict prohibition to leave the group, Roma turned off the trail and got lost.
“A place for the night had to be equipped with fir branches, it was cold, sometimes there were bear marks. In order to somehow satisfy the feeling of hunger, I had to eat shoots of plants and green cones, drank water from the stream.- recalls Roma.

The 9-year-old spent an entire week alone in the wilderness before being found by rescuers. Thanks to ingenuity and fearlessness, he managed to escape mortal danger and find himself at home.

76 days at sea 60,500219

Steven Callahan, a yachtsman and journalist from America, did not even suspect, going to sea to participate in the race, that He will spend the next 76 days on the water.

He survived a shipwreck and crossed the Atlantic on an inflatable life raft trying to survive. Stephen was attacked by a shark, 9 ships sailed past him, simply not noticing his raft, he was poisoned by paint, which got into the water desalinator, but still continued to fight. On the 75th day, the man stranded on the island, and the next day his raft was found by fishermen.

After the experience of the ordeal, the journalist wrote memoirs that were included in the manual of survival at sea, and for the film Life of Pi, Callahan personally made tackles that the main character used.

Teen 3 days fought for the life of the Pope

David Finlayson was fond of mountain trekking, together with his son Charlie, they toured all the mountains in Idaho. But in the next hike, a boulder rolled over them, and David fell from a 10-meter height. He got a lot of injuries, but thank God Charlie was there. A 13-year-old boy treated his father's wounds and set up camp in the hope that someone would find them. After 3 days it became clear that help would not come, and the boy went on his way. A few miles later he came across a group of tourists. David and Charlie were evacuated.
“He did everything flawlessly,- David says.I traveled with him for many years in the mountains, and the guy was on top. My son and I had a solid friendship before, but now, I don't even know, it's as strong as granite or concrete, if that's not too weak a comparison.

via www.yahoo.com/gma/boy- 13-keeps-father-alive-hes-badly-hurt-015703541-abc-news-topstories.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting