Biodegradable apparel from Puma

Giant in the production of sports clothing company Puma, and has started the promotion of new product lines, things which are either biodegradable, recycled or recyclable. The collection is called InCycle, includes shoes, clothes and accessories, which are instead to be thrown in the trash at the end of their life cycle, can be returned to the company in the framework of the "Give me" ("Bring Me Back").

Biodegradable components of the InCycle line include materials that can be destroyed by microorganisms contained in biological substances. One of the necessary conditions for a range of products that were assessed as basic in the standard "Cradle to Cradle", is that the raw material should consist of organic fibers without toxic materials and to follow certain international standards for composting with the aim of minimizing their impact on the environment. Recyclable products, in turn made from metals, textiles and plastics that can be reused for other products.

Among the biodegradable InCycle products the line is fully ready to composting t-shirt (Tee Basket) and footwear (Basket lifestyle sneaker), which was made from a blend of organic cotton and linen. The sole has APINATbio biodegradable plastic is a new material that can be crushed into a basic form of its components before composting in the natural Chernozem.

Recyclable products include backpack "Backpack PUMA" and a jacket "PUMA Track Jacket". The backpack is made from polypropylene which can be ground in the basic substance while the jacket is made from recycled polyester deriving from used PET bottles. Both products use homogenous materials, which is a proof of the possibility for complete recycling, including even the zipper. Jacket can also be converted into a granular polyester which can be reused as a raw material for other products made from recycled polyester.

The InCycle collection will appear worldwide in Puma stores this month to coincide with the start of the program, "Bring me Back". Held in conjunction with the global campaign of recycling I:CO, the program will contribute to the composting or recycling of the products using, placed in stores, baskets for processing. Customers also can return the products of other brands.

Source: /users/104

Tags

See also

New and interesting