Marigolds in the garden—useful and beautiful

Two years ago, I already told you about these amazing flowers marigolds (Tagetes). And today, florist Amateur Lydia Panfilova will tell you about the beneficial properties of marigolds and how it grows them from seed. Here's what she wrote:

"My favorite garden flower — barocci (Tagetes). -Exotically beautiful barocci of any color — yellow, brown, and orange.

Few people know about some of the valuable qualities of this plant. For example, the colors of all known colors of marigold is karataglis substance that is completely harmless to humans. It is used for coloring dough, jelly, jelly, cordials, oils and other food products, giving them a Golden sun color.

All the plants flowers marigolds have strong insecticidal properties. Most vydelyayas in this respect dribnokvitkovi types of marigolds. Their bundles of grass and inflorescences to hang in the garden house, to ward off flies and other insects. Now have to resort to using marigolds, when necessary to protect vegetable beds from such well-known pests like aphids, kapustianka, nematode, parasitic on strawberries and potatoes. To do this, the flowers are seated among the growing of tomatoes, cabbage and other vegetable crops, they framed the beds, and sometimes whole plots.

Speaking about the beneficial properties of marigolds, we must mention the medicinal use of this plant. Water infusion of marigolds, or rather, their flower baskets, traditional medicine is recognized as a diaphoretic, diuretic and sedative (One tablespoon of dried flowers pour a glass of ordinary water and infuse for about 8 — 10 hours in a water bath). This infusion is called "the infusion of African flowers."

Did you notice how amazing the flowers smell of marigolds? Their characteristic strong bitter flavor reminiscent of the smell of wormwood. The essential oil of some species of marigolds serve as initial raw material for preparation of latest perfume compositions, these oils are used in soap making, used in cooking and in the manufacture of Oriental sweets.

In his first visit to the garden plot I never forget to pay attention to this amazing flower. Seedlings grow itself and make it surprisingly simple. Early spring in the groove in the damp ground seeds are sown at a depth of 1 — 2 centimeters and cover a landing spot for a week or an old plastic bag or glass. After a week, begin to appear the first shoots. The plant quickly grows in power, and in the mid — to late may, I planted marigolds on the site. They are well tolerated transplant, and at any age, even when blooming. Two months after emergence the plants bloom. Marigold seeds remain viable for 3 — 4 years.

Be sure to plant marigolds! They will decorate your garden, will bring many benefits, but also, don't require a lot of attention not picky about moisture and soil conditions, fast growing, resistant to drought and heat, disease and pests.

Source: ayatskov1.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting