Electric citicar Mercedes may appear in 2015

Increasingly, in the network there are some rumors about the appearance of serial citicar Mercedes with an electric drive. Although official information about the model yet, the reporters claim that the creation model of stutgartas was prompted by the success of the electric vehicle i3 from eternal rivals from BMW.

But the most unbelievable is the rumor that the debut of the new Mercedes electric vehicle can be held next year. Given that no official confirmation of the development is still in the network is not leaked, a car or very serious secret, or debut not as close as expected.

As for other information about the electric car, then take it is also only a rumor. And they say that in comparison with the same BMW i3 new from Mercedes will be a bit more dynamic, but at the expense of battery increased capacity and even more Autonomous. Presumably, the motor model will produce a little less than the spirit of hundreds of horsepower, and the range per charge will be more than two hundred kilometers.

Will the electric car is completely independent development, it is still not clear, but it is not impossible to exclude the possibility of its establishment in cooperation with Renault. The company in recent years work closely, in particular in creating the new generation viano, and the French have their own Twizy electric citicar.

A number of experts of the automobile market suggest that the basis of a compact electric Mercedes may be the compact Smart Forfour from daughter Brenda, who unlike his twin brother, the electric version has not yet acquired. This scenario adds to the probability the fact that using the platform will reduce development and in terms of competition with the BMW i3 electric citicar Mercedes will get a serious advantage in cost.

In addition, the architecture of the Smart Forfour is designed to use different types of the body, which in the future will provide an opportunity to introduce the electric car in the back of a convertible and a Roadster. But how will actually learn it will be possible not earlier than next year. The development in the company hide too carefully.

Source: zeleneet.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting