Romantic Forest House Built in 6 Weeks for $4,000

Inspiration comes unexpectedly into our lives, and so did Dave Hirley as he traveled through an unfamiliar forest.

“For a long time I was not at my plate. I graduated from a small liberal arts college, got an office job, and hated every minute of my life. In 2007, after a trip to the Appalachian mountains, my life changed dramatically. It was a test of my strength and I was lucky it happened at 27 instead of 67. My time in the woods gave me a vision of the benefits of simplicity. In this forest, I promised myself that I would not spend my whole life on a job that didn’t give me pleasure. ?

Boldly immersed in the unknown, Hirley decided to build his dream home, hoping to spend a self-sufficient simple life in the forest. It was great that his beloved fiancée also had the same opinion, so Hirley set about building his future home, rationally using the materials he could get.

Amazingly, Hirley managed to build this cozy 3-by-4-meter cabin in the woods for just $4,000 and only six weeks. Beautiful rustic interior (especially colorful ceramic shell), and the house itself protrudes on the mountainside, leaning on the neighboring trees. From one edge it rises above the ground by 3.5 meters.

Suddenly, Dave's experience sparked interest and now he's building small houses for his clients. You can see his work on his Facebook page.

Source: rodovid.me

Tags

See also

New and interesting