Select and plant melkolukovichnye

Probably no garden is complete without these beautiful spring flowers. Crocus, Muscari, Scilla, hionodoksy, pushkinia, Galanthus (snowdrops) and other spring melkolukovichnye among the first to delight us, proclaiming the coming of warm days. And for the fall planting, they also "asked" to the forefront, so it's time to remember how to select them, when and how to plant.

Features landing

The first thing to consider when purchasing planting material: melkolukovichnye flowers best strategraphic. In other words, they need to put the "heap" (or patiently wait for 2-3 seasons until onions give his numerous offspring).

A little hint for those who make purchases in online stores: you can find large packages of onion — 20, 40, 50 and even 60 pieces in each. Most often it is a mixture of varieties, but a whole meadow! As a rule, such acquisition is advantageous from all points of view.
Second important caveat: almost all melkolukovichnye form a plurality babies and quickly grow. What follows from this?

• we can plant them more freely — to allow for the formation of a subsidiary bulblets; in this case, you will not need to dig up the flowers a few years (until it becomes tight in place), but in the first year of flowering, probably, we seem sparse;
  • we can plant bulbs tightly to in the first spring to see the beautiful blooming courtines; but then to share the nest will have a year (or at least every two years), crowded flowers are noticeably shrinking.
  • in order not to lose numerous progeny transplantation and to subsequently detect the flowers in the most unexpected places of your garden, when planting melkolukovichnye use baskets(preferably homemade — for example, from 5-liter plastic bottles, because the purchase is usually designed for large bulbs).

Third important fact: planting depth. On average, melkolukovichnye she is 10 cm, and the baby should be sunk less than older bulbs. For specific plants, you can focus on following the experts recommended the rules (planting depth is given for adults of bulbs):

• Crocus, Muscari, pushkinia, kandyk (erythronium) — 8 cm;
  • Scilla (Scylla), hionodoksy, Galanthus (snowdrop) — 10 cm;
  • the snowdrops, Colchicum (Colchicum) — 15 cm

Do not forget to make the amendment on the characteristics of the soil: on light — plant more deeply, and heavy — on the contrary, zaglubljaja less.

Inadequate planting depth creates the risk that in the cold winter (especially when there is insufficient snow cover) our bulbs can simply freeze solid. On the other hand, we should not forget that all bulbs over time on their own, "buried" deeper. In General, I myself, and honestly, never with a ruler, the flowers are not planted.

Finally, the issue of treatment of bulbs before planting. As a rule, recommend any bulbs to withstand the pre-in the solution of a special drug (e.g. Maxim), or at least in the solution of potassium permanganate. I admit that this condition I break almost always. So I can not in good conscience continue to agitate for the holding of such treatment. But tell you.

General rules for choosing a boarding materialov principle, nothing special, choice of planting material melkolukovichnye from other bulbous and tuberous flowers is no different. But remember the rules sometimes happens not superfluous.

• bad: sluggish or shrunken bulbs; visible stains, damage; large sprouts;
  • good: dense, elastic bulbs; clean scales; the absence of germs or small sprouts.

Do not put off the purchase until the last: the conditions of the trading floor of any store is not the best way affect the follicles. The longer spent planting material on display, the less chance we will have to buy it a healthy, complete.
Time to plant

This is traditionally the most "sick" question for the grower. When to plant bulbs, so as not to be late, but not to hurry unduly?

All sources recommended melkolukovichnye to plant earlier than hyacinths, daffodils and tulips. For the Middle band is considered the optimal planting in late August — early September.

I will not argue that this is categorically not true, although in my practice there was a case of "early" planting all bulbs (recommended deadlines) — fall, unfortunately, were warm and long, the Flowers under the snow gone with shoots up to 4-5 cm! Thought in the spring to see the empty flower beds, but nothing happened...

However, since then, have determined: the calendar is good, but the weather in our garden — much more important. Here, for example, now on the calendar for the second week of September and the thermometer in the afternoon +22...+24 degrees. I have a lavender bloom again! And weather forecasters promise for the next week and a half the same weather...

In short, rules are rules, but circumstances dictate their conditions, and to blindly trust the recommendations is not necessary. And no need to get upset if something didn't make the "deadline". Of course, it is good when everything comes together. But if, for example, late parcel of planting material, or accidentally in the store turned up bulbs that plants, which had long dreamed of, and all terms out, never doubt, just plant!

Source: www.7dach.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting