Dance — a story of victory over cancer Anna Halprin

In 51 years, Anna Halprin slowly dying. Doctors diagnosed her with serious, incurable bowel cancer.

All that was left of Anne is to come to terms with a close end. Instead, Halprin began to dance and no matter how fantastic it sounds, the result beat cancer.

Since then here already more than 40 years she's dancing — not for art's sake, but for the sake of health. At age 92, Anna Halprin speaks and teaches. Teaches others to heal through dance.

No magic or anything supernatural, says Anna, in her history there. "The mechanism of natural self-healing is built into every cell of the body, — she explains. You have to learn to run, and that's all".

According to Halprin, a great way to start this mechanism — to begin to dance. Not just so, and to associate movement with their feelings and experiences.

Anna it happened. Learning about the disease, she took paint and painted on a large canvas your cancer — as she had imagined. It turned out a formidable abstract blur. Anna put the picture on the wall, invited a dozen friends and performed in front of a picture of the "Cancer dance." The idea was that the language of dance "to discuss" their fears and doubts. It looked pretty strange and sometimes even scary: in dance, Halprin has spreads his hands, make any sudden movements, squatted, hissed and roared. There was something almost religious.

"When I saw my uncle prays and swings during the prayer, says Anna Halprin. I thought that God must be a dancer".

Surprisingly, the "Cancer dance" helped. Anna Halprin have fully recovered. "My struggle with the disease became for me an amazing gift, she says. — Before cancer, I lived to dance. After — dance to live."
That is what art is to dance, to live Halprin and taught since then to his disciples. Her method is to establish a deep connection between the mind, the unconscious and the actual physical body.

For example, she asks students to take a paper and draw their fears, emotions — all that comes to mind. And then, improvising, "dance" this picture. That is to tell about those experiences, but the language of movement. "I teach people to listen to your body, explains Anna Halprin. They heal themselves, I just point them to the resources. But still it makes me very happy."

Now, on the eve of his 93rd birthday, Anna Halprin twice a week spends in his Studio-hour sessions, and leads seminars. It works not only with patients but also with everyone who wants to learn to feel your own body. For example, she leads a seminar on development of creative abilities. It lasts six hours a day for five consecutive days. In addition, Anna regularly performs at dance festivals.

For 40 years, Anna Halprin heal people through dance — we can say that she is dancing with God.
God, apparently, really good dancer.

источник:talumala.com

Source: /users/1077

Tags

See also

New and interesting