Time for a change — don't wait for Monday

photo: projectprojectdaily.com

The Chinese have a proverb: “the Best time to plant a peach tree — 20 years ago. But if you planted a tree then the other best time is today.” Unfortunately, people like to postpone the changes in your life, and the greater the change the worse to begin. What should I do?

The worse you start, the more we say Yes, Yes, I do, but not today, but Monday, the first day of the New year, etc, what do you think happens Monday? As a rule, nothing.

So if you've come to the conclusion that some things in your life you must change, very wisely and properly to take the first step to these changes — on the same day. Let this be a small step, but it needs to be.

For example, one of my teachers told me how he was going to start a career with an international business coach. It is the same day I bought a watch of a traveler with two faces, in the same week issued a passport. Of course, not these steps have brought him success, but it was important for him to make the first steps.

Why? The human brain is designed so that to continue it is much easier than to move. Therefore, even a small first step starts the process of movement changes. So don't wait for Monday or the New year, and begin to act today.

And it is best to start with in order to create a plan to achieve the goal. Depending on the complexity of the plan and range goals, the plan may be either sketchy or very detailed. But you should in any case to understand what steps need to be done. And in what direction to go. So, if you are going to sail to Easter island, you should rent a ship, hire the captain to stock map, to plot, to calculate the amount of fuel, identify points for refueling and replenishment...

If you are going to go for bread, it is enough to put a hundred rubles in my pocket and out of the house — then I will make it work. And with the plans of life: if it requires a major change if you want to do something you don't even know where to start, then it is advisable to make a detailed plan. To consult with someone who had done similar work in his life. To read a few books on the chosen topic.If the change is assumed to be very large, it is often the right way to be a detailed planning of the first stages and very rough planning stages of the next.

So, if you want to become a neurosurgeon and work in well-known Western hospital is a good starting point would be to get a medical education. And so when you get to this level — will specify future plans. However, it is necessary to keep in mind that your goal is all the same-the Johns Hopkins hospital in Baltimore, and not the first city hospital in Saransk, and therefore to choose medical school of the appropriate level.

It is very important at the first stage of the plan is to evaluate the difficulties you may encounter. First, it will allow you to understand what price you'll have to pay for the achievement of a goal or a dream come true, and to be prepared for this price — or refuse in advance if the price is too high. For example, among my friends there are several members of the Russian Olympic team, and they repeatedly broke the bones or tore the ligament is just part of the price we have to pay for the gold medal. If the person is not ready to injury, it is better to play chess, not Boxing or football.

On the other hand, knowledge about the obstacles allows to prepare them. At the beginning of the last century, the South pole remained almost the only place on Earth where no foot may tread. First got to him — almost simultaneously, with a difference of just a few days — the Norwegian Roald Amundsen and the Englishman Robert Scott. However, Amundsen carefully researched the experience of all previous expeditions to Antarctica and prepare in advance to all known difficulties and problems, but Scott just took a chance and ignored the careful planning. As a result the opposite way has developed for the Amundsen successfully, the expedition did not lose a single man, but the expedition Scott died completely, he lost all their people and then himself died of hunger and cold.

Difficulties on the career path of a modern city dweller is unlikely to be such a life-threatening, but still need to be prepared for them in advance. Remember the motto of the American scouts, borrowed Soviet pioneers: "Be prepared! — Always ready!"

And finally, one other very important thing that we often forget. Except in very rare activity, we almost always need the help of other people. You can be a poet, a loner or an artist, a loner, but if we talk about the goals more important, they generally only achievable for the team. Even Sherlock Holmes had needed Dr. Watson.

There are 12 roles that can play in your life and other people — from "Criticism" to "the Muses", from "Expert" to "Role model". Unfortunately, I can't describe all of these in a short interview, but the detail on them in my seminars. Here I will outline just two of the highlights. First, try to find someone who has already achieved the goal to which you only seek and ask him to become your mentor or consultant. Second, the near you should be a person who believes in your success, even if you feel frustrated, he still says "I believe in you, you will succeed!".

Go for it, and you will succeed!

Author Alexander Levitas

source: snob.ru

Source: /users/1077

Tags

See also

New and interesting