25 valuable life lessons from 99-year-old footballer

The story of his great-grandfather says the editor, PopSugar's Macy Wilms.

My great-grandfather Andy Anderson 99 years. His life story fit for the big screen: he met my great-grandmother on Saturday, and next Saturday, a week later, married her. They lived together until the death of my grandmother when she passed away at the age of 67 years. They have two children, one adopted son, and many grandchildren.

Andy didn't go to College, but worked hard. And even became the corporate Manager of the dairy division of Safeway. He was entrusted with sales management throughout the country. In our family everyone calls him "grandpa Cheese."

Andy "Cheese" has taught me a lot in life. I know of no person who so well know the essence of the world. Here's what I learned from him:

1. Always maintain a good sense of humor. No matter what it takes.

2. Never be the "right moment" to start something from the beginning.

3. Exercise every day, even when feeling sick and tired.

4. Don't spend more money than you earn.

5. Drink orange juice every day.

6. Love at first sight is not a fable.

7. Having a bad job is better than no work at all.

8. Don't eat "empty" food, the effect of satiety which passes quickly.

9. Your family is the most valuable thing you have in life.

10. Eat sausage every day, and don't be afraid.

11. Life is a delicate thing. Once neglected, it deteriorates.

12. Never be afraid to be yourself.

13. Any person too many clothes. Wear what is, instead of having to clutter up the world.

14. You must learn to forgive, even if sometimes it is very difficult.

15. Save your money now — in the future you will find a way to spend them better.

16. Love is not always easy. We need to work on it.

17. Find something funny in any situation.

18. If you encounter a problem, don't waste time to think about it. Solve instantly. Or immediately forget about it. Until next time, while it's currently not recall.

19. Make sure that you're doing what you love. Don't be afraid to follow your dreams: in the end everything is all right.

20. Education is very important, but not mandatory. Life is an education in itself.

21. Explore the inner world, but at the same time, keep your curiosity and to external.

22. Try not to take yourself too seriously.

23. My full name is William Bradford James Anderson. And I think: why live I, and not someone else?

24. You can always find a common sense. To find a reasonable answer to any situation. If you have not, then, common sense is not in you.

25. Life is a gift that you should deploy. And you decide what it will be filled with happiness or constant anxiety. You have the power to live your life as you decide for yourself.

Uncle Cheese is still alive, on the 99th anniversary we gave him a scooter.

Source: lifter.com.ua

Tags

See also

New and interesting