5 things you should promise yourself not to do in the New year

Columnist for MindBodyGreen Stacy Hein believes that the New year is a great chance to start a new life. Life without self-flagellation and false illusions.

I'm always inspired by the idea that New year — new opportunities. Every December, my mind fills with goals, aspirations, plans and schedules, which must help me become better than this year.

The main goals of most people are the same: to lose weight, maintain a healthy lifestyle, to earn more money and at the same time to give more time to family. I'm busy complex, multi-level planning.

In December, I was always confident that are determined to put your plans into life. Of course, I will work hard not to eat sweets, stop drinking on the weekends...

And then comes March.

And it becomes clear how absurd had been my expectations. Hard limits don't work. The new schedule brings nothing but disappointment. I realize that I failed on all fronts and directions.

Again I become "old". Set myself a new goal. And again I hope that there is still an opportunity to fix it. Take yourself in hand...

In General, this year I decided to do without the ambitious goals of ambitious plans and hard constraints. Instead of a list of goals I decided to compile a list of things NOT to do. Not to be disappointed in March.

Let's see what happens. In the meantime, I will tell you what decided to drop in the next year.

1. I'm not demanding the impossible from yourself

I'm not going to live on a rigid schedule. Not going to set myself unrealistic dietary restrictions. I don't want to lead a harsh life to... nothing to achieve.

I realize that big changes are always at the end of a long journey. And the best way to go is to move in small steps.

2. I won't be your own worst critic

This year I will try as little as possible to assess themselves. And as little as possible to look at ourselves. I give myself a break. I'm not going to blame themselves for the mistakes committed in the past, and disadvantages. I'm not going to compare myself with someone else. I just relax and I will live it.

3. I'm not loving ourselves less than others

We are all accustomed to quickly forgive others. We love to see in people only good. However, such generosity of spirit is hurting ourselves. Because someone drummed into our head that the best way to make yourself better, to be "strict with myself", we are never satisfied. "I could do better" — that is the mantra that I repeat to myself every day. And I want to forget it.

In the New year I'm going to take care of yourself, no less than on the family.

4. I don't want to dwell on negative thoughts

Every day we see and read news and stories that will make you shudder even the most daring optimist. That's why it is so easy to get caught up in a cycle of fear and negativity. I understand that you can't solve all the problems of the world. I can't cope with any serious problem!

But I can do better your life and the lives of their loved ones. I can give them a little more heat. So I'm just going to do what I do my world at least a little better. And that will be enough!

And Yes, I'm seriously not going to read the news next year!

5. I won't forget to have fun

In a society where the terms "success" and "achievement" are used in order to provide a complete view of the person, no one believes that you can be happy and before you become a Director. Why is everyone so busy with their careers and trying to prove that they are worthy of success.

I'm going to abandon this belief in the following year. And I will be doing more things like yoga, dancing, family, friends, reading books. I don't want to be a Director or to earn millions. I want to live with a light heart and good humor. Of course, I still have to make money, but the work will no longer define my essence and take up all my time.

This list is actually too big. I don't expect miracles. But only humbly hope that these five rules will help me to feel alive and real. It's not a rigid plan. It's just a map of landmarks. The road by walking...

Source: lifter.com.ua/5-thigs-you-should-promise-yourself-not-to-do-next-year/

Tags

See also

New and interesting