BMW i8 electric car received the award "Green car of the year"

The award "car of the year in the world" is presented annually at the international automobile salon in new York city and is one of the most important awards in the automotive industry since 2005. The competition jury consisting of 75 journalists, who represent 20 countries. At the awards five categories: "Car design of the year in the world", "Green car of the year in the world", "car of the year in the world", "luxury Car in the world 2015" and "Sports car of the year".

It is worth noting that the new model of BMW has also been nominated for the title of "Luxury car", but he went to Mercedes S-Class. Electric car BMW i8 is equipped with environmentally friendly hybrid setup and has a lightweight body. Total capacity three-cylinder petrol engine volume 1.5 liters and the electric motors on the front and rear axles are 266 kW/362 HP Hybrid car to accelerate from standstill to 100 km/h in just 4.4 s.

It is worth noting that this is the second victory of BMW in the competition "car of the year in the world." In 2014 in the nomination "Green car of the year" has won the BMW i3. published

Source: greenevolution.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting