The garden under straw, a bag of potatoes planted, 25 collected!

The family of settlers, Superficially shares the secrets of growing products under the straw.

Under the fertility in the ecovillage of the bell Mountain near Vitebsk where you live Vlad and Alla Tawdry, you know not quite what we are used to imply. Fertility, explains Vlad, that's not what a person takes from the soil, and its ability to extinguish and mitigate climate impacts, to suck the water to transport the minerals, decomposing organic matter, hold water vapor and gases, to bind nitrogen from the air, to balance and to keep the size of its population and many sorts of properties. By the way, ideally, the soil regulates its population — the most kilograms of bacteria, nasekomye, worms and fungi — so that the ratio that was in favor of the plants.

Extensive agriculture, which, Superficially engaged for eight years, is aimed to ensure that all these properties, i.e. soil fertility, save. And not just to save, a year-on-year increase. Straw for vegetable garden this is the ideal solution.

From the straw before the first harvest — 2 years

Just be warned: if you decide to cover your vegetable garden with straw right now, hoping to get a record harvest, nothing happens. No, a good mulching yet none of the garden is not damaged. But as Tawdry, not work. Because they are slow.
— Land tests the person, the seriousness of his intentions, his fortress, — said Vlad. — Long checks. But then, if you got it in resonance, rewards. Can by inertia work for several years, even if you don't do anything.

Straw Superficially buy into the farm. Take not loose and in bales — it's more convenient, because it is already compressed. The area allotted for a future vegetable garden, lay it out, or rather, unroll the bales so that the straw covered the soil layer of 80 cm. ... And leave like this for two years! Indeed, in no hurry.
The vegetation under the straw literally dissolved, tells and shows Vlad. Breaks through the "blanket" only Wheatgrass. He jewelry and embeds its thin blade of grass in the straw and comes out to the light. The straw from the wheat grass just take out armfuls and piled in a heap where she perepravit. Not lost, explains Vlad. Organics on his farm is used.
"The blanket sags in places, and it even puts in the holes with fresh straw. It rot.
— In this square was laid out eight bales, and I'll have a bale and a half, imagine how much organic matter in the earth was gone for two years? — demonstrates Vlad is almost ready "to use" section.

Two years later, the straw is removed and... And I could not guess, do not take up the shovel. Treat the soil straw gardeners the cultivator "Tornado". Twisting kω, pulled like a tooth from the gums. Choose roots. They are few, mostly dandelions. Well, the worst Wheatgrass — where the same without him. The earth is not turned "upside down", but only loose. "Tornado" unaccustomed looks weird tool, and process, in my opinion, is somewhat slower than the usual digging.
But this site I'm not going to touch anything, ever! — puts "trump card" of Vlad. — Only put Yes put some straw where needed. Yes, and difficult to work with cruelly (so, ignoring the foreign name, "Tornado", he calls cultivator) but first, and this work is considered to be easy, they women do.

Straw like onions and strawberries Straw Superficially underlie everything from bulbs to flowers in the flowerbeds. And all grow.
— Here thickets of strawberry, — Vlad continues the tour. Three years grows, bears fruit, does not decay. Even last year, when pouring rain, no rot. This is because of the straw.

Potatoes in straw garden grows in three tiers. When she starts to get out from under the straw is again harboring "head". And so two or three times. On the lower tier bulbine the largest, upper — smaller. Carrots, garlic, onions — all in the straw grows. In the greenhouse the tomatoes are planted also in the straw, only to have the badly decomposed — so convenient. Cabbage and straw like. The cabbage is hygrophilous, and the straw keeps the ground moist. Peas, beans, cucumbers — you name it.

How many grows? Potatoes, the same Tawdry now get off your straw garden in the proportion of 1x25. That is one bag planted 25 in the fall dig. And when the children grow up, dreams of Vlad, all indicators of the soil will improve so that I can give them and all fifty bags in one set. All fruits and vegetables on a year family provides itself with a vengeance.

Extensive agriculture, in General, not new, but rather a well forgotten old knowledge. Now it is increasingly gaining popularity among gardeners. What the scale, for example, agricultural enterprises of an average hand?
It is appropriate, because in industrial scale extensive agriculture used in the nineteenth century, — said Vlad Tawdry. — I was very impressed by the brochure of Ivan Osinskogo. This is the first Russian scientist, who proved the uselessness of the plow! At the time Ovsinsky produced in tsarist Russia the sensation: it increased grain yield up to ten times, four times by reducing costs of labor and resources.published

Author: Skorobogatov, Sergei

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.pervorod.ru/blogs/eto-interesno/ogorod-pod-solomoy-meshok-kartoshki-posadili-25-sobrali#cut

Tags

See also

New and interesting