What happens when the wife earns more than her husband

"One man will compete with his wife and climb up, another will take the situation calmly and will spend her money, the third will fall into a neurosis from feeling of uselessness and to wash that down, a fourth will find a mistress "poorer", the fifth will require you to leave work... But what now, women are not earning and to refuse the promotion?"

Image: Internet archive book illustrations, 1889

Perhaps, deep in the subcortex sitting such thoughts as, "if you real man, means — you need to earn more than me" or "if you would be able to provide for me, I would make you a good wife". This is a "must earn" often leads to conflict.

Met with friends in a cafe on the weekend. The conversation touched on a topic such as the influence of income on the relationship as a couple. A friend suggested that the larger the income of the wife in the family, the worse things are with my husband. A man ceases to feel like a man. In all senses.

Learn constantly exaggerated the theme of women's materialism, bespridannitsa and concubines. In reality, I see women who earn equal to men or more than them. It is interesting to observe the relations of the spouses during the growth of the income of his wife. Relationships change and not in favor of the family. There are thoughts in my head about equal contribution to the family pot, but unequal responsibilities at home. So household duties, the wife is starting off the throw: dinners ready to be purchased in the departments of cooking, cleaning, can be outsourced to professionals (especially it is now relatively inexpensive), some families housework the husband does.

Wife is not so listens to her husband, the voice can appear commanding tone. She feel more confident with each jump in salary and a step in the career ladder. Her confidence is reflected in the external appearance. Eyes burning, gait confident, clothing is more expensive, takes care of themselves better. Accordingly, it begins to attract men stronger than in periods of lack of money, there is a flirtation, fans, and hence the demands on the man nearby.

Husband has failed to fulfill the marital debt, the woman feels a breadwinner and parent her husband, and what may be an intimate relationship between mother and son? A woman may start to look around. If moral principles traditionally, the fantasies will remain fantasies if not, it will happen adultery.

With the appearance of the children at this moment, the situation is improving: wife earns again a little, because sitting in the decree, the husband the breadwinner again that definitely is good for self-esteem. When there are no children, everything is different. I see one such family. They don't know about my blog, but just in case, I'll change the names.

Christina married a guy from a wealthy family with an apartment. He started as a procurement Manager food items, and he organized parties, promoted by glossy magazines, and then got a job as a trader in a financial company. A couple of years after the wedding, Artem decided to try to earn big money on trading in securities and just stopped working. Traded house was bad...

For two years, as it does not work because he doesn't want to work for his uncle, and the opening of the business no money. Christine was promoted to head of the Department of large trading networks of the Russian Federation. Artem is still not working, but don't advertise it, under the guise of "work at home". Kristina periodically arranges scandals, because Artem is paying her card for all your online purchases, but every time a scandal ends with "Absolutely nowhere to run, Tom can't find itself. He is such an intelligent and controversial, it will be difficult to converge with the usual boss." Got no kids, but from the Artem baby Christine... a man she doesn't consider it, but for an irresponsible child... of a Friend and not comment on the situation, but deep down, of course, we condemn Artem for inactivity and Christine for connivance. Someone else's family, their business, will understand...

One man will compete with his wife and climb up, another will take the situation calmly and will spend her money, the third will fall into a neurosis from feeling of uselessness and to wash that down, a fourth will find a mistress "poorer", the fifth will require you to leave work...

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.livejournal.com/magazine/937673.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting