7 books that are useful to the MBA

Home reading for business men and just motivated people. Over the past few decades, the degree of lost some prestige — perhaps due to the fact that the world of education does not keep pace with the rapid changes in the business world. The MBA has a relatively small number of entrepreneurs, but you can bet that almost all those who managed to achieve success, read these seven short and simple books that have become classics.

1. "As a man thinketh", James Allen

Teaches: Most people are convinced that their life is determined by fate, luck or circumstances. This book explains that your life is what you make it, and the only way to succeed is to put in order mind. The Foundation of a successful career in business. The book of James Allen is among the ten most motivational books of all time.

Quote: "the Individual fully becomes a person at that moment, when no longer to moan and to complain of destiny, deciding to find the hidden justice which regulates his life. Adapting your mind to this balancing factor, he ceases to blame anyone for their failures. He chooses strong and noble thoughts. Instead of fighting against the circumstances, he begins to use them the potential for more rapid progress. He seeks to reveal his new powers and abilities."

2. "Rich dad, poor dad", Robert Kiyosaki

Teaches: Apart from the fact that the book outlines the basic principles of personal Finance (without which success has no meaning), it explains why the construction of a business and possession is the surest way to succeed. "Rich dad, poor dad" destroys the unrealistic notion that working for wages gives financial security, and learn to think like an entrepreneur.

Quote: "Rich people acquire assets. The poor and middle class acquire liabilities, which is considered an asset."

3. "Where is my cheese", Spencer Johnson

Teaches: Countless books dedicated to the power of innovation and how individuals and companies can adapt to an ever-increasing pace of change. But none of them gave such a short, precise and vivid descriptions.

Quote: "the Shortest road to change — not afraid to laugh at the mistakes, false beliefs, over his stupidity. This frees you from the thrust to the old familiar style of behavior and actions, accelerates forward to the new".

4. "The elements of style" (The Elements of Style), William Strunk Jr. and E. B. whitetaught: Now that the backbone of business communications are e-mails, text messages and social networks, the ability to communicate became more important than ever. The book is written in English and takes into account the peculiarities of the English language, but the principles apply to any text. Having mastered the "Elements of style", you will learn how to Express yourself in business correspondence both in English and in Russian much better than less-informed colleagues.

Quote: "the Energy of the text gives a short. Offer should not contain unnecessary words, paragraph unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing no unnecessary lines, and the mechanism is unnecessary details. This does not mean that you need to write only short sentences, avoiding details and just briefly outlining the topic. This means that every word must carry meaning."

5. "The one minute Manager", Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson

Teach: If there is a description of what it means to be a good Manager, better and shorter than this book, its yet to find. There is more understanding of the business (and how to use it) than a dozen libraries full of scientific research. One of its co-authors, Kenneth Blanchard, well known Russian cicatelli books on business and personnel management. Every boss — or someone who wants to be should read this book.

Quote: "If you can't tell what you want to happen, you have no problems. You're just complaining. The problem only exists when there is a difference between what actually happens and what you want to happen."

6. "How to lie with statistics" (How to Lie with Statistics), Darrell Huffteaches: the Distinctive feature of modern business — a passion for measurement. However, a wrong interpretation of the metrics may be not only useless but harmful. Huff's book has withstood many reissues, and says already several generations of entrepreneurs about the manipulation of the figures. It is written in accessible language and accompanied by vivid illustrations, so it can overpower the reader, even with a very modest knowledge of English.

Quote: "the Secret language of statistics, so appealing to the representatives of the culture oriented towards facts, used to inflate sensation to escalate the situation, confuse, and oversimplify. Statistical methods and the terminology required to describe the data on social and economic trends, business conditions, opinion polls and censuses. But with no one able to honestly and consciously to find the right words, and readers who understand the meaning of these words, the result is nonsense".

7. "World's greatest salesman", the Og Mandino

Teach: If you are not able to sell your ideas, product or services, you will never succeed in business. You can read a huge amount of literature on this topic, but all of it comes down to a few simple truths which are contained in one book Mandino. Note: "the world's Greatest salesman" not just will make you more successful in business — it will make you more successful in life.

Quote: "I will live this day as if it were her last. This day is all that I have, and this watch is my eternity. I will meet the sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who received a reprieve from execution. I will uplift hands, taking this new day as a precious gift. My heart is filled with gratitude at the recollection of those people who yesterday greeted the dawn, and which are not among the living today. I'm really lucky, and watch today is an undeserved reward. Why am I allowed to stay an extra day, when others which are a lot better than me, gone? Maybe they reached their goals, and I have yet to do it? And this is another opportunity for me to become what I can become?". published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook and in Vkontakte, and we're Classmates

Source: insider.pro/EN/article/30145/

Tags

See also

New and interesting