"My son is a moron!" The conversation with the psychologist

Came together. The husband and wife. The first time I have. I was tired (5 consultations), hungry and this, somehow, calm and unflappable.

— My first visit to a psychologist! says the man irritably. Tumours go. All kind of "What the hell". — My wife talked!
And?
— What?!!! Son we have. I have. Moron! — burn it.
— Moron — is a psychiatric diagnosis, — wearily I say. — Your son is in that sense a moron?

The man looks at me like a moron. He glances at his wife with a dumb question: "You who brought me, finally?!!!"

She cringed, sitting on the edge of the chair, looks away. Hands clutched between his knees.
He glares at me, frowns, turns to me, silent. Me too. Does not stand up. Gets even more angry.

— Here you train like a psychologist, right? Hmm. Well, tell me then, what do I do with it?
— With whom?
— Son!!!!
— What about him?

A man rounds up his eyes, marveling at my stupidity and inability to read minds. Again he turns to his wife with the expression: "Where are you this stupid?" But my wife is an experienced fighter, sits with his eyes, and only by how pale her face is, I understand — all the strength it took her to get her husband to me.

— He not see shores, you know. Jerk. 14 years old, and behaves like, like...
— How?
— Come home. After work. The shoes are in the middle of the Mat. I told him: "You have anything in this life can do? Boots at least to put in place". A hundred times told him, put shoes on the side, so no, like a moron, knows nothing. Everything in life comes easy. The phone's broke. I do not appreciate. Not share anything with me. Mother out rude. The house does nothing. All the words, as the wall peas. No shame, no conscience. And here as how to behave with cats?! How to find a common language. Well you're a psychologist, so please advise!!! Do you have a recipe?
— Yes, — I answer, breaking all canons of psychological counseling.
And there is a solution?
— Yes, — stunned by his arrogance even more.

You know, there is an algorithm of psychological counseling. Especially the first one. And I was taught that the first meeting is information gathering, definition of the request, the networking. About any therapies no speech. Especially on any decision. What got into me... (((

— I understand that You don't know how to talk to son and can't find a common language with him?
Yeah, I told you!
— The solution is very simple. But I don't know whether you will cope with it, — with sincere doubt I say.
— Well? Say!
Not to speak, it needs to be done.
— What to do?
— How's your son's name?
Anton.

And then I do the greyhounds (my colleagues will know what I mean), take out a sheet of paper, marker write on it "son Anton, 14 years old" and put it in the far corner of the room and offer the man to present his son, standing on this sheet.

Did you make it? — ask.
— Yes!
— And now the slow steps approach the sheet, stand on it, log in to the image of his son and become them.

With obvious doubt on her face, he does it. Turning a blind eye.

— And now tell me how you feel?
The loneliness is terrible. Tears in my throat. I want to cry.
— What?
— From resentment. All pulled shpynyayut. Something is wrong, it is. Not want to live. I'm like a freak for all.
For whom for everyone?
— Well for all.
— For whom?
— Well, father.
— What would like from him?
— Once praised. Asked how things were going. So as not to yell. So... I'm also a man to be proud of me.
— Inhale and on the exhale come out of the sheet.

Without a word the man goes to chair, sits down. Silence. A woman wipes her tears.

— I realized — suddenly quiet, almost whispering it. — Understood. I also felt a little. And from the father some reproaches. Now I also. I figured it out. Thank you.

His eyes and the wife of green. Clear. And his ears are kind-hearted and touching...

18 minutes it lasted. First time in my life. published

Author: Ekaterina Savinova

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook and in Vkontakte, and we're Classmates

Source: liwli.ru/lifestyle/u-menya-syn-debil-razgovor-s-psikhologom/

Tags

See also

New and interesting